iPhone 6S FASTER than Intel i7 and MacBooks!!!!

AppleGuy1993

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2015
Wow!

I'm still using an iPhone 6, since it works fine for me. I know that the 6S is fast, but didn't know it was THAT was. Apparently zoneoftech did an extremely in-depth performance test of the A9 chip. Seems to be faster than the core M, i5 and i7! JEZUS

He compared the RAM, the processsors, the GPUs, 4K editing and some browser benchmarks i think.

Also, 2GB ram seems to be better than 4GB in some android phones. What do you guys think?

I've included the video link:

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
It really is amazing how much faster mobile technology is advancing compared to desktop technology. Research follows the money. There's no way the A9 is more capable than current Intel processors, but laptop CPUs from a few years ago probably.

Subwaymac

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2009
Illinois
The processor does not have enough cache nor does it have the ram those tests are not accurate. for example the phone would not play wow or any other game for that manner as good as it my 2008 MacBook granted my 2008 has 8gb of ram.

Reactions: iphonedude2008

AppleMan2015

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2015
Wow!

I'm still using an iPhone 6, since it works fine for me. I know that the 6S is fast, but didn't know it was THAT was. Apparently zoneoftech did an extremely in-depth performance test of the A9 chip. Seems to be faster than the core M, i5 and i7! JEZUS

He compared the RAM, the processsors, the GPUs, 4K editing and some browser benchmarks i think.

Also, 2GB ram seems to be better than 4GB in some android phones. What do you guys think?

The more RAM the better....

nordique

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2014
This video does a good job of the RAM disparity between the 6 and 6s

This is the exact difference I noted with the 6 to 6s.

Feels like a different device when multitasking, regardless of them looking the same

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2010
Wow!

Which chip was in the 6s?