iPhone 6s+ fingerprint sensor getting worse

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by einmusiker, Dec 13, 2015.

1. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

when I upgraded to the s I was delighted that the fingerprint sensor problem from from the 6+ seemed to have been solved. Now after only a few months it's practically unusable again. I'll clean the sensor off only to have it work a few more times before not working again. Frustrating to say that least. When will this tease be acknowledged? I'm still on 9.0.1 and have been waiting for the kinks to get ironed out before updating as I've heard there's a problem with the alarm clock in 9.2 now. Will updating help the fingerprint issue?

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I think there may be something wrong with your specific unit. My 6s+ fingerprint sensor continues to work great--as do those on my friends iPhones.

3. knownikko macrumors 6502

4. sbcdk macrumors newbie

I had a lot of issues on my 6+. Every day I wiped the screen and fingerprint sensor wih a drop of water on a microfiber cloth. As an experiment I avoided cleaning the fp sensor and after a few days I didn't have nearly as many false reads anymore. Since then I have never used any liquid on the fp sensor, not on my 6S+ either.

5. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Yeah, the only time I have had issues with the touch sensor is right after washing my hands.

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Problem with alarm clock on 9.2? I haven't heard of that, nor experienced anything different or off. I've been running 9.2 since beta. I would definitely upgrade, there have been a lot of performance improvements since 9.0.1. You are three updates behind.

But about your original topic, have you deleted your fingerprints and re-added them? I haven't noticed any TouchID problem on my 6s. Like others have said, could be a bad unit.

7. einmusiker thread starter macrumors 68030

einmusiker

Yes I tried that and am still getting false readings. I'm going to upgrade now

8. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

9. newyorkone macrumors 6502

newyorkone

Fine here too. No problems. Too much Cheetos?