iPhone 6S+ Flex?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fastcarfastlens, Oct 5, 2015.

1. fastcarfastlens macrumors newbie

Alright, I'm not trying to revive the 'Bendgate' shenanigans, but I've had my 6S Plus since Thursday and finally got my case for it today. I popped the slab into the new case and placed it on my desk to admire my new shiny piece of tech. I went to tap the phone and send a text and the phone moved and tilted a bit on my desk. Almost like it does without a case because of the protruding camera. Odd I thought, so I took the phone out and checked to see if the case was level. The case sat flush on my desk with no wobble in any direction. Then I placed the phone- screen down on the desk and noticed that part of the phone was slightly lifted off the table... It should be noted that I haven't sat on the phone, it just rides in my jeans front left pocket.

Out of curiosity, I tried to remedy the issue by slightly twisting the phone diagonally in the opposite direction. The phone now sits flat on the table, both inside and outside the case.

After carrying the phone in my pocket again for a while I placed the phone back onto my desk and the wobble is back! One portion of the screen doesn't make contact with my flat desk. It's easy to fix by slightly twisting the phone, but there is definitely flex. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this?

TL;DR - 6S Plus twists and flexes in pocket, doesn't sit flat. Can physically straighten the phone out to lay flat again. No, my jeans aren't THAT tight.

2. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Return it, it takes a huge amount of force to do that on these phones, you may have a defect.

3. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

I agree with above poster who said to return it. My new 6S Plus doesn't bend at all. Apple really made the new iPhones really solid this time.

4. MichaelMidnight macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight