IPhone 6s gets hot during use

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Latinking25, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Latinking25 macrumors member

I was using my phone normally like I always do and my phone started getting really hot almost enough for me not wanting to hold it anymore. I rebooted it and it's cooler now. Has anyone had the same problem?

2. gigatigga macrumors member

Yep. I have this problem. Started with the release of 9.1. I have the Samsung processor so I'm sure that doesn't help.

3. EdwardSmith36 macrumors regular

I do now that iPhone 6s gets hot during use, I have heard many people saying this same thing. Apple should look after this issue & sort it out as soon as possible.

4. Latinking25 thread starter macrumors member

Yea I agree they should fix it. I got the Samsung chip too. I mean I just got this phone and it's getting hot like that. No bueno

5. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Has nothing to do with which chip it has. More likely a charging problem. If it really does get that hot, take it in to Apple and they will repair or replace if under warranty.

6. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

there is already a thread with this issue which started after some ios upgrade. i had it too, twice... doing just normal browsing, no charging, the phone got hot. rebooting fixed it.

i dont think that several people (6s/6s+) get battery problem at the same time. so it is not a hw problem but sw. but what trigs it, who knows...

7. Latinking25 thread starter macrumors member

How is it a charging problem?

8. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

It would not be the first iPhone that got hot while charging. Some the battery has even swelled and piped the screen out.

How would it be the Sammy processor?:confused:

9. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

10. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

1. They're too thin
    2. Extended, heavy use will heat the phone up

That said, if you're not getting an actual temperature warning, the phone is still within acceptable operating temperatures.

Edit: Checking battery settings is always a good place to start - what's using up the most percentage?

11. Latinking25 thread starter macrumors member

My iPhone wasn't on the charger when I was using it and it got hot. Something made it get really hot so I rebooted and got cooler but idk

12. Vicrooloo macrumors regular

Not sure if I should be happy these things don't happen to me or disappointed they aren't so I can troubleshoot and provide insight for other users.

Because, like, this forum gets a lot of threads over this and that issue and it's never anything I read about in headlines.
    I always have to question if the problem really is with the phone itself or between the chair and phone.

13. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

You simply had some borked program misbehaving and rebooting stopped it. If it keeps happening maybe get rid of your third party apps installed lately and see if that helps. It might never happen again.

14. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

agree. It probably was just a misbehaving app stuck in background.

15. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I would not be shocked if they blamed the Sammy chip for global warming.

16. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Let's see, you may have struck on something here. Half of the 90 million iPhones, overheating due to Sammy chip. Noticeable hot spots in China, Europe and US, where most phones are being used.
    Hmmmm..........could it be? ;)

17. EdwardSmith36 macrumors regular

If your phone is getting hotter, it just because of the processor & the usage. It happens only with some.

18. 938092 Suspended