Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barry.wiestling

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Ever since I updated my phone to iOS 10 on the day it was released my phone had been running warmer than usual during tasks. While watching videos it gets warm to the touch on the back.

I've also had 2 experiences of it getting VERY hot when charging. In the car I plugged it in to charge at 50% and I looked down and it was down to 28% and the phone was very hot.

My phone then was very warm last night when I plugged it in to charge and it then slowly cooled down.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Naramis

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2013
I definitely noticed my 6s getting warmer and burning more battery after the update. I also experienced the battery draining down instead of charging while connected to my car charger (the charger worked fine before).

I haven't seen a lot of people complaining about this so maybe it's not too common.. maybe something got screwed up in the update. I may try restoring the phone but I don't want to lose any data..

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
I've been running it since June and I've never had this sort of problem unless my phone was updating iOS or apps.

barry.wiestling

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I definitely noticed my 6s getting warmer and burning more battery after the update. I also experienced the battery draining down instead of charging while connected to my car charger (the charger worked fine before).

I haven't seen a lot of people complaining about this so maybe it's not too common.. maybe something got screwed up in the update. I may try restoring the phone but I don't want to lose any data..

I agree. I've read people who did a full restore still experienced the same problems so I don't want to go that route.

It's odd that we both had the same experience with the car charger. Hopefully they release an update.

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
My 6S was always pretty hot...noticeably hotter than the 6 was anyway with the same usage/charging patterns. I haven't noticed a change since updating to iOS10.

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007

Warmer and battery doesn't last a day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.