iPhone 6s+ Graphics float half way down the screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by james126, Oct 26, 2015.

1. james126 macrumors member

james126

Hello, I've been using my iPhone 6s+ since launch day after upgrading from the 5s.

I notice that, on occasion, the graphics on the screen float down to about the half way point. IE the top 50% of the screen becomes blank, and the safari window i have open occupies the bottom 50%.

The graphical transition to this state is quite smooth, so I assume it's a feature and not a bug. But I can't figure out how to activate/de-activate the feature, after trying dozens of different 3d touch/touch gestures, sound motion etc.

Does anybody know what this feature is called? How to initiate the feature? Thanks, much appreciated.

2. rocksyoursock macrumors regular

rocksyoursock

It is called reachability and you activate it by double touching the home button. don't know how to deactivate it. I'd keep the feature, it is useful.

3. james126 thread starter macrumors member

james126

Many thanks! much much appreciated.

4. JohnCrichton macrumors member

JohnCrichton

It's called reachability and here is how you disable it!
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/10/30/how-to-turn-off-iphone-6-reachability/

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

It deactivates on its own after you used something on the screen or some time passes (around 15 seconds) without any use, or you can tap on the top part of the screen that is empty, or you double-tap the home button itself again. As far as disabling it, the option for that exists in settings (I believe under accessibility).