Iphone 6S+ Headphone Jack Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DPtheKid, Oct 12, 2015.

1. DPtheKid macrumors member

DPtheKid

Hey guys I recently got a new 6S+ after having one with overheating issues and low and behold the headpohne jack on this one is busted, headphones do not snap in leaving it to come out with a small tug, now I got this device from bestbuy and I really don't wanna wait till whenever they get the device in, it took 14 days last time, can I take the device into apple? I just want a good iphone :(

2. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

Take it in and show them what's happening. If they really see the headphone ring to be tight, it could just be at the edge of its max metal tolerance. They should swap it out for you with a white box.

3. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

A lot of Best Buys seem to be scheduled to get their shipments this week. Probably won't be more than a few days.

4. Shadowbech macrumors 601

If you take it to Apple store, you can set up a genius appointment and they will replace it with a replacement unit so that shouldn't be an issue if they find any issues with the original.

5. DPtheKid thread starter macrumors member

DPtheKid

what is a white box?

6. Shadowbech macrumors 601

Generally Genius Bar replacement units are white box only meaning they only replace the phone. Does not include other accessories.

7. DPtheKid thread starter macrumors member

DPtheKid

Do I have to give them my box? Is the device brand new?

8. Shadowbech macrumors 601

You don't need the give them anything. Just your defective phone. At this point, replacement unit will be brand new.

9. DPtheKid thread starter macrumors member

DPtheKid

10. Shadowbech macrumors 601

No, as the phones comes with a standard 1 year warranty, you should be covered. I'd say just take your receipt just in case. If they need to see the date of purchase.

11. DPtheKid thread starter macrumors member

DPtheKid

I do have apple care this won't affect anything say something occurs to my device?

12. Shadowbech macrumors 601

You mean applecare +? No it shouldn't as you didn't cause any damage to the device.

13. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

No, if the manufacturing tolerances are too tight, thats a manufacturing or assembly issue. So your warranty will cover that. You won't need to invoke AC+.

14. Conan86 macrumors 6502

No it does not affect anything on your applecare. Does best buy offer any 1 to 1 for the first month? I'd definitely take the whole box back to best buy to change the whole thing if they do. At least the serial number would match the box I have and it's guaranteed to be a new set

15. DPtheKid thread starter macrumors member

DPtheKid

yeah they do for 14 days but who knows when they'll get a new one

16. Conan86, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015

Conan86 macrumors 6502

I'd go back and raise the issue so that they'll give me a call when they're able to change. It'll save me the thought that I spent so much money to get a refurbished product (not likely for such a new product but I'll still keep thinking about it). If you do get a 1 to 1, be sure to transfer the applecare accordingly.

That's just my opinion anyway. Just ask yourself if you'll end up asking in the forums about how to identity or find out if your phone is a refurbished device (we won't be able to tell, btw). If not, just get it replaced with a genius appointment.