Carrier iPhone 6s home button faulty?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Henno89, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Henno89, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015

Henno89 macrumors newbie

I have had my iPhone 6s for a few days now (T-Mobile Germany) and luckily there doesnt seem to be any of the popular major flaws like a yellow tinted screen, issues with the backlight etc. It even has a TSMC chip.

However, the home button annoys me a lot... Usually i always press the button more on the edges, so the click will be quieter. This made me notice the following flaw almost immediately:
    The upper/upper right part of the button of my 6s is somehow subpar. I cannot feel a proper feedback of the button when it comes back up and there is an additionally clicky sound apart from the "normal" button click. Its as if the button sticks to a tape or something and comes loose afterwards. Overall, the button seems stiff and the bottom part is flawless, but the upper area ist just mushy and weird. However, it works perfectly fine (touch id as well).

A part of me hates to go through all that replacement process... but the home button is quite an integral part of the phone and it is not really reassuring when its already in that condition although the 6s is factory new.

I could of course send it back and get a completely new phone from T-Mobile, but this will take at least 1 week. Another course of action would be to just call apple care and demand a express replacement (costs 29€ without apple care+). Since i plan to get apple care+ anyway in the near future, i could also wait for a few days, order apple care+ and then demand the replacement (so, no extra 29€ charge). The advantage would be that i can continue to use the 6s until the replacement arrives.

Making a genius appointment is no alternative in my case.

What would you do?

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Like you say, a good home button is integral to the iPhone experience. Swap it.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Is a fresh home button worth you getting a refurb with a Sammy chip in it?

4. Henno89 thread starter macrumors newbie

I would prefer getting a completely new phone from T-Mobile, so it wont be a refurb, but of course i could still receive 6s with a samsung chip. However, i dont think i care that much about samsung or tsmc. Its more important that stuff like the home button, screen, camera, battery work and feel like they should.