Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bumbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2009
Anyone else's home button feel a little loose/clicky?

Mine seems a bit loose when going to touch it...

Reactions: Bkev420

nordique

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2014
Nope, mine is good. Nice and clicky, not loose at all. Feels very solid.

I am reading about a lot of issues people are having with their 6S and I am feeling lucky that mine seems to be one of the units that doesn't have any defects or blemishes - that I can see or feel thus far

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
Mine isn't loose, but the button bevel has a noticeable edge to it that my finger catches on. Does yours?

I've got that too. Noticed it last night. No way am I returning it though, it's a non-issue.

The button definitely isn't loose though, albeit more 'clicky' than my 6 was. Again, non-issue.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
The button on my 6 felt loose at one point but after searching around for others that had the same problem I got a fix for it. You need to get something like a baby wipe and make sure that it is only damp and not wet. Then just wrap the wipe around your finger and rub it across the home button in all directions making sure to get right into the home button. Then wipe it with a dry cloth and turn the phone over and tap it on something face down obviously in a case. I used my Air 2 Smart Cover to tap it on. You have to tap it fairly hard.

That was a fix for my 6 and the button on it is still perfect, it sounds and feels the same as the buttons on my Audi. The button on my 6s feels nowhere near as good so I tried the same thing with it and it made it better but not as good as my 6 or my Air 2(which I did it too as well)

Ope this helps.

SamuelMei

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2015
all the iPhone6s models are the same Clicky sounds.
I am doing Retail mobile store in my country and I just test every single devices, all have the same clicky home buttons

Reactions: Ali Jabbar

Jakedonahuee

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
The button on my 6 felt loose at one point but after searching around for others that had the same problem I got a fix for it. You need to get something like a baby wipe and make sure that it is only damp and not wet. Then just wrap the wipe around your finger and rub it across the home button in all directions making sure to get right into the home button. Then wipe it with a dry cloth and turn the phone over and tap it on something face down obviously in a case. I used my Air 2 Smart Cover to tap it on. You have to tap it fairly hard.

That was a fix for my 6 and the button on it is still perfect, it sounds and feels the same as the buttons on my Audi. The button on my 6s feels nowhere near as good so I tried the same thing with it and it made it better but not as good as my 6 or my Air 2(which I did it too as well)

Ope this helps.
What the ****. No life much?

ijoelpod

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
Mine is clicky. I can push it in without actually turning on the phone, and it annoys the crap put of me.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Since the iPhone 6 and 6+ launched the home buttons have been naturally clicky. You can still get a bad one though, I had to exchange my first 6S+ because the home button was lousy. It only worked if I pressed the very top of the button and then a few days later it stopped working altogether. It was more 'mushy' than clicky but obviously faulty. My new one has a distinctive click but works perfectly.

Kapybarus

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2014
My touch id button on 6s + is little bit wigfling and loosy in compare with the 6+. But i think it is like this in general, right?

DomC

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Been clicky since day one, but it doesn't bother me. ID works great.

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
Have had both of our 6S's replaced due to the home button becoming excessively clicky/moving. In both cases Touch ID started not working 100%

coleblk

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2013
Going back to AppleCare as we speak for this issue. Really bothersome. I had even tried to clean it multiple times for it to get better and then when the phone was cold, come back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.