iPhone 6s in-store availability on release day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by raeserbil, Sep 21, 2015.

1. raeserbil macrumors newbie

Do you think it would be possible to walk in to an Apple Store this friday and get the new 6S?

2. mb2008 macrumors regular

Since most are available for 9/25 delivery on Apple.com I think your chances are good, but I would just order for delivery, unless you live in Manhattan or Philly.

3. DoofenshmirtzEI macrumors 6502a

DoofenshmirtzEI

You may have problems getting a 128GB or Rose Gold model, but anything else should be available. The line may be very long though.

4. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

Long lines, if you really want one you will need to line up. If not, try calling in and certain stores may disclose if they have stock. But this is a notorious stage year on year, we just nee to know how many have confirmed launch day to get an idea on what the supply is like.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

If you are there early, you can definitely get one. The stores will be crazy!

6. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

If you are in the queue waiting to walk in you might be OK, around 2am-3am usually gets you close enough to be able to have a choice at most Apple Stores.

7. aka777 macrumors 6502a

I don’t know if you can as, as pre-order reservations have been enabled this year round. I guessing a day or so later will be fine, if someone who reserved a handset doesn’t pick it up.

8. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

They usually hold over stock specifically for walk-ins.

9. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Don't think it'll be as easy as just walking in and buying it. There will be long lines you'll have to wait in.

10. aka777 macrumors 6502a

Lines are long normally, they’ll be extra long with the Apple upgrade program, which requires financing.

11. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I remember way back in 2007 :p the lines being crazy and that was with walk-ins only. With preorder pick ups, I plan to avoid that store all weekend long!

12. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Yup. That's why I preordered and I'll be waiting for mine in the comfort of my home.

13. willmtaylor, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

According to Apple, yes:

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/201...ne-6s-Plus-Arrive-on-Friday-September-25.html

iPhone 6s & iPhone 6s Plus Arrive on Friday, September 25
    Fastest iOS Adoption Ever with iOS 9
    CUPERTINO, California — September 21, 2015 — Apple® today announced iPhone® 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, the most advanced iPhones ever, will be available at 8:00 a.m. local time on Friday, September 25 at Apple’s retail stores. Stores will have the new iPhones available for walk-in customers who are encouraged to arrive early. Both models will also be available on Friday from AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, additional carriers and select Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple also announced the fastest iOS adoption ever, with more than 50 percent of devices already using iOS 9.2​

14. LFSimon macrumors regular

LFSimon

Good news: I am absolutely 100% sure it will be possible to do so!

Bad news: While it will be "possible", I can't predict the odds of you're being successful.