iPhone 6s iOs 9.2 strange reboots in the night

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacFrag, Jan 15, 2016.

1. MacFrag macrumors member

MacFrag

Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago I started to notice that my iPhone 6s reboots it's self without apparently any reason what so ever sometime in the night when it's idle.

The phone is laying next to my bed. Its like 4 AM! and I hear BRR BRR, I open my eyes and there I am blinded by the boot logo :eek:

My 6s is running stock firmware. When I got the iPhone in December I restored it with new firmware through iTunes.

The only thing allowed to run in the background are Skype and WhatsApp. Those are the only two apps are also allowed to receive notifications.

All programs/tabs are closed except for safari which has usually got one tab open on a forum page, nothing else.

The phone is always in Airplane mode when I go to sleep.

It happens with the power cord connected and not connected.

I asume this happens also during the day. Cause sometimes within an hour or so that I unlocked the phone with my finger it asks for my pass.

Is this a iOs 9.2 (13C75) bug or a feature of the new iOs 9.2? o_O

2. iOSUser7 macrumors 6502a

iOSUser7

Never heard of a bug like that on iOS 9.2. Have you tried restoring your phone with iTunes ? This could fix your problem.

3. beernut macrumors 6502

I don't doubt this is happening as well. I've not seen the actual automatic reboot as it's happening but i do notice i've had to enter my passcode more often (e.g. can't use fingerprint and get the message on lock sceen about having to enter passcode after a restart).

now, i don't use my phone (6S) much either, pretty much just for camera, safari, maybe instagram viewing (and i may have had 3 or 4 minutes of calling time last month) so i rarely ever purposefully restart. So when i started noticing that message above about having to enter passcode after restart, i'm now like "WTF? I didn't restart" o_O

4. Bulldog Dave macrumors member

I have had this too.i have an iphone6 on 9.2 and it's been doing this too. Have to use code to unlock phone.its happened a couple of times after it's been on charger.

5. max2 macrumors 68000

Same problem here :(

I really need to make it stop because ever time it reboots it makes my speakers not work :(

6. Zirel Suspended

Zirel

What about upgrading the iOS to the latest version, because that's why upgrades exist.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It's been happening on my 6 plus for a while now.

8. Deetlebug89 macrumors member

I have this happen about every other night, it wakes me up with the charging noise normally about 2 hours after plugging in before bed. iPhone 6s jb 9.0.2

But I deal with it because it's much better to have small annoyances than to lose my jailbreak to even attempt to fix such little problems

I have never once had this happen when charging throughout the day however