Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 13, 2015
How is your iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s plus holding up after seven months of usages. Any dents scratches

Last edited:
Reactions: J&D

Sunny1990

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 13, 2015
Mine is also as new as it came from day one thanks to thin transparent covers i have been using from six months

Reactions: IronH4WK

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
My moshi case (+ glass screen protector) is protecting my 6s just fine. I've dropped my phone repeatedly while exercising and screen and body are ok.

Wouldn't buy a phone and not protect it (within reason).

Last edited:

off_piste

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2015
Dropped mine at the gym and it landed on a metal bar directly on the Lightning port. It's now dented in slightly (and angled when looking directly at bottom edge) and the glass raised slightly above the port. Took another fall on bottom left corner and the metal is scuffed. Hit the tile in my bathroom and the glass is slightly cracked on the top left corner (maybe two mm at most). No screen protector and have almost no scratches. Just two faint ones if you're really looking for them.

Phone still works well and no one would tend to notice the dings unless I point to what happened. Would normally protect the phone in a case but I have AppleCare+ as part of the upgrade program and I don't actually like to use cases. Actually, now that I think about it the Lightning port dent happened while in a case but it was one of those that doesn't cover the ends.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
My iphone 6s plus is like new. I always wear a thin tpu case on it which protects it's from scratches.

griss0r

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2014
6s Plus looking flawless. Never dropped no scratches. No screen protector. Sometimes in a case but mostly not.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
No case. Ever.

No defects. No dents, no scratches. Screen is perfect. Took the screen protector off yesterday because it had been lifting up and would no longer stay down. I dropped it once - on carpet, about 1.5 feet up.

My 6s+ looks the same as the day I took it out of the box.

BearBert

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2015
I'd say 9.5 out of 10 cosmetically. Kept in a case since day one "Spigen Neo Hybrid". Didn't see anyone else mention this, battery seems to be holding up really well, after 202 charge cycles I've lost 5 percent capacity.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
How is your iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s plus holding up after seven months usages. Any dents scratches

My 6 Plus was pristine when I sold it after 1 year, and my 6S Plus is still pristine. I always go naked with them. Just treat them like they expensive pieces of equipment they are, don't drop them, and you're golden.
[doublepost=1461626669][/doublepost]
I always use a very thin Sedio Surface case so my phone is as new.

No way I would try to use the 6S+ naked, way too slippery to deal with all day long.

Every iPhone I've had (I've every one since the original) I've gone naked with. Including the 6 Plus and the 6S Plus. I'm confused about this 'slippery' adjective I keep hearing people use when referring to them (and I live in a very high elevation, low-humidity environment, and travel for part of the month to a more humid, sea-level locale).

Reactions: Tech Fun

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
My 6 Plus was pristine when I sold it after 1 year, and my 6S Plus is still pristine. I always go naked with them. Just treat them like they expensive pieces of equipment they are, don't drop them, and you're golden.
[doublepost=1461626669][/doublepost]

Every iPhone I've had (I've every one since the original) I've gone naked with. Including the 6 Plus and the 6S Plus. I'm confused about this 'slippery' adjective I keep hearing people use when referring to them (and I live in a very high elevation, low-humidity environment, and travel for part of the month to a more humid, sea-level locale).

No need for you to be confused. It is my opinion and the adjective of slippery is not something I came up with but was "coined" by many here. Just my personal observation but I still would not use my device naked and love the case I use.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I have dropped my 6s a couple times. Fortunately all that I have to show for it is some minor imperfections on two corners of the phone (my phone has been naked from day one).

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
Can you please share your case picture
f3b1dba364cc057e5d331966aa188d0e.jpg

Reactions: Sunny1990
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.