iPhone 6s + iPhone 6s Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Avery Eisenreich, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Avery Eisenreich Suspended

Avery Eisenreich

I am looking for authentic reviews about iPhone 6s + iPhone 6s Plus. I am in the market of buying a new phone. I am debating whether or not to buy one of the latest models or to wait until iPhone 7 comes out next year.

Thank you in advance,
    Avery Eisenreich

2. MrBukey macrumors regular

If you are in the market now, buy now. There will always be the next phone on the way a year later...

Generally the current model will always be the best there is - and if you can afford it, justify it and want it, then that's the phone to buy. If you can't justify or afford it, or aren't that bothered about the phone or features, then that's when you look at older models.

3. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

A) If you're looking for unbiased reviews this may not be the place. Google will give you tons of reviews, but again, you'll find most people prefer Android or iOS and that factors into their opinions.
    B) There will always be a newer, better, faster iPhone right around the corner.

The S version just came out, most people here will tell you to buy it. And no one has any idea what the 7 will be like. Why not just go try it and see if you like it? Plus most retailers/carriers have a return period in case you're not happy with it.

4. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

buy the 6S+and live for the moment, could get hit by a bus tomorrow.

5. rugmankc, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015

rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

6s+ bigger and better screen. Also has OIS camera. They may be a few other things 6s doesn't have. But, size is the biggest. If you can, I would try them both in the store. I need the bigger screen--old eyes :)

I think the 6s+ is the best phone I have owned to date. And not a fanboy as have had many phones from many different manufacturers.

One big advantage for Apple is you will get OS updates immediately. Android may take months or more.

If you or family have other Apple products, continuity is great. Hand-Off, AirDrop etc.

Best way, as mentioned, is to try them in the store testing the features you would use the most.

6. Liquinn Suspended

Who's guaranteeing Apple will release the 7 next year? We still don't have an Air 3.

7. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

The iPad is a totally different situation. I think the reason why Apple hasn't released the iPad Air 3 this year is that they didn't want it to cannibalize the sales of the soon to be released iPad Pro.

8. Liquinn Suspended

The buyers guide says they'll release an Air 3. So I have another 10 months with the latest iPad and iPhone... until Apple updates. I can't see the iPad update being that big. But we'll see.

9. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

Not sure what you mean here since the only iPad coming out this month is the Pro. I don't believe we will see the Air 3 till March or April of 2016.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I've said this in most every thread I have come across on the topics.

The 6s series are the best phones apple has ever made. Last year left a lot to be desired, particularly with the 6S for me. It has me thinking about not jumping to the 7. I felt like Apple held back on the 6 plus and that I overpaid and didn't get my money's worth. I feel the exact opposite about the 6s plus. Night and day. Wonderful phone. Seriously.

Oh, and my work phone is an Android and I love that too lol. But the 6s Plus has the edge for me right now (granted I am using a first gen moto x so my comparison isn't terribly fair; I am due for an upgrade there after christmas and may go with the Nexus 5X).

11. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

There are never guarantees, only previous trends. We have seen a new iPhone every year for close to a decade. It's a safe bet 7 (or whatever the 6s successor will be called) is coming around the start of Fall 2016.

12. iDanny26 macrumors regular

iDanny26

Hi OP, detroitborg of youtube has very well made reviews of iPhones, I'm not sure what recent androids he has covered but he does videos on them too.

13. Liquinn Suspended

What's the best device? iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4 or the 6S Plus? I only have two of these devices.

14. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I'm not an iPad person. Even the mini is too big to be portable (which I define as fitting in my pocket). For tasks where I need the screen real estate in happy with a laptop or even a desktop, and cloud syncing makes this all very viable as is.

Many will disagree with me, though I see thenioad as being used mostly as a media consumption device. I often hear people say their videos and web pages are nicer on a larger screen. 6s plus is plenty big for all of those things. For movies I have a tv. For spreadsheets I have a notebook (but can still edit on a 6s plus in a pinch). That's just me though.

We last week sold our mini. Hardly used it. Had it since the Christmas of launch and the most use I got out of it was printing coupons (lol).

15. Liquinn Suspended

I have the iPad 1, 4th gen and the Air 2 - it would be nice to own the Pro and the mini in a few months, though. The 6S Plus is good.

16. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

"Never put off until tomorrow what you can enjoy today." That's actually the original quote. "what you can DO today" is a perversion of the original message.

17. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

Watch flossy carters in depth review. Its 50 minutes and he goes through some really good points