[iphone 6s] Is a screen protector necessary?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thiagueirass, Oct 24, 2015.

1. thiagueirass, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015

thiagueirass macrumors member

Is a screen protective film really necessary to protect the display from scratches or any other damage?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's not necessary, just a personal choice essentially.

3. thiagueirass thread starter macrumors member

I know that, but do you think the screen needs additional protection?

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Again it seems that's a personal choice. Some think it does others think it doesn't. There isn't some strong objective indicator that will really convince everyone one way or another. I personally do not use one, which doesn't really say much one way or another for someone else.

5. Mickyuki Suspended

Mickyuki

I personally think it's not necessary. For a case, I'd say yes; but for a screen protector, I'd say no.

6. boethius macrumors newbie

boethius

The iPhone 6s has thicker glass to increase durability which has made it heavier and thicker. I wouldn't add more weight to the device.

7. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

Im using the glass protector always... My bf dropped his phone and luckily he had a glass ptorector on it. The protector went totally broken, but the phone itself was ok. Just a tiny "scratch" hairline on the edge of the bottom because of the impact. He didnt have a case to protect corners...

8. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

I've personally never used a screen protector and never had scratches. To each his own.

9. Techexp2 macrumors member

From my side, i think screen protector are necessary which has benefits like

* The screen protector can repel dirt

* It prevents from UV damage and prevents sticking of fingers

* It reduces glare and it is antibacterial

10. Mitsjke macrumors member

Yes you'll need one.
    After only two month of use my iPhone 6S got 2 deep scratches. And no: there weren't any keys, knifes, coins, or whatever involved.

11. AVR2 macrumors 6502

After 2 years of use, there are no scratches on my iPhone screen. Never had a screen protector, and it doesn't have a case either.

12. Ripcrod macrumors regular

I use the Glass protector. The phone keeps falling off my hand while on the road and falling on Asphalt. Saved my display countless times. I would recommend