iphone 6s, is there one with an even screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yellowscreen, Nov 11, 2015.

1. yellowscreen macrumors regular

yellowscreen

hey guys,

i've got myself in a bit of a dilemma. i have a tsmc 6s with a yellow top half of the screen. as this is already my first replacement, im curious how many of you have even screens, is it worth playing the display lottery?

any kind of insight is appreciated since i cant decide myself yet, thank you very much

2. Conan86 macrumors 6502

Yes there definitely is. There's no telling how many devices you'll have to go through to get one though.. Get it relaxed if your current screen annoys you every time you look at it.

3. welsea macrumors member

welsea

My 6s+ screen is perfect...I never had to exchange it. Good luck and I hope your replacement is flawless.

4. iraklis9 macrumors newbie

For what its worth, i purchased 3 iphone 6s's. One produced in week 43 and two produced in week 41. All of them had exactly identical screens with the top being gradually darker/yellower. I don't think you will be able to find one with a completely even screen.

5. yellowscreen thread starter macrumors regular

yellowscreen

thats exactly whats been bothering me, maybe its just a manufacturing design flaw. i dont know what to do, that yellowing is getting on my nerves

6. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

I got lucky as my 6S Plus has a very nice uniform screen with no issues at all. There are nice screens out there, but it's a crap shoot apparently. You could try your luck at a replacement again but it might be worse than the one you have now unfortunately.

7. lamborghini392 macrumors member

My 6S's screen is slightly darker in the top corners, but it's only noticeable (very slightly) when the entire screen is white at full brightness.

8. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

My 6s+ screen is fine. I walked into the store and bought it.. only one I bought. If yours has a display problem and it bothers you, then return it... if not, then keep it. As for the TSMC processor that you mentioned... that's nonsense. The fact that you mentioned it makes me think you are reluctant to fix a real problem because of a fictitious one (shipmate).

Edit... Why in the world would you join a forum and make your username a problem you are having with your phone?

9. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

This is how I would describe mine. Not perfect but perfectly acceptable. OP if the top half of my screen was yellow I would return it and try for a better one. I wouldn't worry about the chip though as long as battery life is decent.

10. iDanny26 macrumors regular

iDanny26

My 6S screen is 100% fine. I'm sorry to hear that others have dodgy ones.

11. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I would say the screens on the two phones we have in the house are even. I haven't noticed any issues with them, despite looking, after reading various threads (which seem to pop up yealy by the way). You mentioned TSMC, I would worry about that much less than a bad screen. Forget about the chip in your replacement as long as the screen looks nice; you're literally looking at that during almost any task you perform on your device.