iPhone 6S issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fre3way, Oct 15, 2016.

1. fre3way, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016

fre3way macrumors member

I am considering buying a used iPhone 6S from one of my friends but want to make sure there aren't any issues with it. Please share your iPhone 6S issues that you experienced i.e. yellow screen, bent phone, light leaks, etc.

2. IconIc215 macrumors 6502

None that's why I bought two of the 7+'s and both were returned for various issues. Back to the trusty 6S+ until next year for me.

3. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Uh. Look at the phone and if you're happy with the condition that it's in and you're ok with the price, it's good.

4. fre3way thread starter macrumors member

I am considering doing the same. I upgraded to the 7 from a 6 but now it seems the 6S is a better choice. Atleast you get a fast user experience with the headphone jack :)
    --- Post Merged, Oct 15, 2016 ---
    That's what I'll end up doing but usually I can spot out issues after a few days of using the phone like light leak or a bad pixel. Just want to familiarize myself a little bit on the issues so I can quickly rule them out when seeing the phone.

5. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

I guess I look for physical damage and water damage. If the screen looks good when I buy it, I'm not gonna start looking for a minor thing like stuck pixels.

6. IconIc215 macrumors 6502

Don't get me wrong..I liked the 7+ but didn't love it. The changes to me did not warrant an $850 price tag over what I already had. The 6S+ feels just as fast for normal everyday tasks. This is coming from someone who has always had the latest so it is sort of painful sitting this generation out.

7. August West macrumors member

August West

I purchased a new 6s plus a couple of weeks ago and have been very happy with it. While I considered the 7 plus, being a relatively light smart phone user there was nothing compelling enough for me to spend an extra $130 for 7 over the 6s. Additionally, the 6s plus was available to buy and not have to wait weeks/months for it. The water resistance was tempting but to date I've never lost a phone by getting it wet so hopefully that continues. The better battery life was also tempting but so far, in light use, I'm finding the 6s plus to get pretty phenomenal battery life compared to any smart phone I've owned before. Another plus, I was able to score a Speck CandyShell Grip brand new for $11, not the $39.99 list price since they are trying to get rid of inventory for the outgoing phone.

8. aneftp macrumors 601

I have always had every iPhone from 2007-2015 and usually first day it's available.

For some reason I am just feeling "meh" about the iPhone 7. I actually gave my wife the iPhone 7 plus. She wasn't happy with her 6S 4.7 inch cause of battery life

I'm sticking with my iPhone 6S plus for another year. Pretty happy with it. And like you I am always wanting the lastesr greatest.

I had the galaxy s7 for 4 months and wanted the Note 7 but we all know all about the Note 7 recall.

There just aren't any "wow" features any more. I buy android left and right as well. Just not feeling it for the google pixel either.

I may try to pick up a amazon slick deals thing like I picked up the nexus 6 for $199 last November Black Friday type of sale. Hoping the 6P has similar deal as well.

9. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Take your time in exploring the device. If your friend is honest and you trust he or she, then you shouldn't have any worries.