iPhone 6S issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Traxan, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Traxan macrumors member

Hi gang. I'm the official tech support rep for my family and dad is on my case about his new 6S. And to be honest, it's vexing me, too.

Problem 1: it keeps chiming randomly. I thought it was because it was fetching new mail but it's not mail. There's no text, I can't tell what is setting this thing off.

Problem 2: I can't delete apps. On my iPhone I just press and hold, and the icons do the shimmy and the little X appears to delete it. But on the 6S it changes to a new menu I don't recognize. This sounds like the new touch screen the 6S introduced, but I am not familiar with it. So how do I remove apps?

TIA.

2. DcGamer05 macrumors regular

DcGamer05

It's the same to delete apps just don't press so hard on the screen it needs the lightest touch. Hold it and you should see the icons wiggle

3. beernut macrumors 6502

See above for #2.

For #1, did you check notifications screen (pull down from top) to see what's giving notifications and then backtrack from there?

4. Traxan thread starter macrumors member

No I will try now, beernut.

It appears notifications were on for News. I've turned them off, let's see if that works.

5. DcGamer05 macrumors regular

DcGamer05

Also the app tips, if not "deleted" will periodically send a notification with noise