Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anon.guy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2016
I don't know why but my 6s keeps reloading apps. I barely keep 2 or 3 apps opened at the same time like News, Messages, instagram and so on, just regular apps, non Ram demanding. But for some reason, for example, when I m browsing the News app and switch to the messages app for a few minutes, the News app reloads and I have to scroll down again a few miles to go back to that news. So is with other apps. Safari tabs tho are ok. Am I doing something wrong? I m on 9,3.1.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
An app reloading and not resuming more offen than not is by design.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Perhaps various apps are designed to refresh after some time when you get back to them to keep the content fresh?

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
If you open the news app and don't ever click on any of the news then yes it will refresh the news app every time you go into it or return to it. Why because you never clicked on any article to read. However if you open the news app and click on an article to read it will stay in that article until you hit the back arrow to go back.

So if you are inside an article on the news app, the news app wil not refresh and take you out of that article. You are in control so if you keep the news app open and your inside an article it will stay on the article until you either press the back arrow or close the app.

That is how it works for me. The app will always refresh if you never click on an article and you just looking at the news feed you created.

As a side note I have background apps turned off for everything so even with that the news app will still refresh on the main feed but it won't refresh when your inside an article.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.