iPhone 6S Keeps Turning itself off

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LastLine, Oct 19, 2016.

1. LastLine macrumors 65816

As of the last few days my 6S has started turning itself off in the evening without notice. Plugguing it in to charge starts it up through the boot process as ifi t's crashed off and it'll run for a short time before dying again.

I've done a restore and it's doing the same thing.

I know this sounds stupid and sounds like a battery dying but the thing is the battery meter isn't changing through the day and shows 100% throughout which is the issue. I'm trying to figure out if this is an issue with the software or a loose sensor from when the Apple Store replaced the screen on the device a few weeks back.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

It certainly doesn't sound like software. The obvious 3 hardware options are:

1) The charger cable. Is it official?
    2) The USB mains plug, if applicable. Again, official?
    3) The battery inside the iPhone.

If all your peripherals are genuine, I'd definitely book another appointment with the Apple Store.

3. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

All official. Thing is the battery doesn't seem to discharge especially quickly, but iOS isn't reporting battery levels accurately which is what made it seem like it when I first came across the issue.

Since then my battery has consistently shown at 100% which however you look at it, can't be right.

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Yeah, there's certainly something not right with it. I'm afraid there's no easy answer for the cause, but the solution certainly isn't software. I can only advise to take it back to the Apple Store for them to sort out.