iPhone iPhone 6s lag c

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Ibewillyg, Sep 26, 2015.

What do you think the problem is?

1. iOS 9

25 vote(s)
  2. iPhone 6s

0 vote(s)
  1. Ibewillyg macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2015
    I recently got my new iPhone 6s in the mail yesterday and I was thrilled to get it up and running. After I set it up and updated to the latest software I noticed lag. I resented it many times but the lag still occurs when I use my fingerprint sensor to unlock it then the animations are choppy going into the phone screen and when I swipe anywhere after that. Everything else is fine except for that. Anyone else having this issue? I includes a picture of when it freezes when swiping.

Attached Files:

2. atlchamp macrumors 65816

Jun 19, 2012
    happens to me too even on 9.1 beta 2
  3. George Waseem macrumors regular

George Waseem

Jul 2, 2015
    Im sure you will recieve an update soon for that bug, its not a hardware problem
  4. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Apr 14, 2010
    Coming straight from an iPhone 5 to a 6s, I perhaps am not the best judge. However I notice lag when unlocking just as you describe. I even removed and re-added my thumbprint to make sure it had a good reading.

Glad others are acknowledging so it can be fixed at some point in iOS 9.
  5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Feb 14, 2008
    Madison, WI
    I'm seeing it on my 6s too. Kinda bummed since I figured the bump in RAM was going to resolve this type of thing.

I've reported it through the feedback app (iOS 9.1 PB2).
  6. Salvor Hardin macrumors regular

Jun 24, 2013
    App switcher+Dynamic Wallpaper a laggy mess on the 6S was well?
  7. nigameash macrumors 6502

Dec 6, 2008
    Space: The Final Frontier
    I had the same problem initially. I restored my backup from a 5s to the 6s. The lag went away after a few hours.
  8. atlchamp macrumors 65816

Jun 19, 2012
    Does turning off this fish wallpapers make a difference on a 6s?
  9. Salvor Hardin macrumors regular

Jun 24, 2013
    I don't know I'm talking about the colored dots dynamic wallpaper that all devices have, using that with the app switcher causes a lot of lag.
  10. RichardScarry21 macrumors newbie

Sep 27, 2015
    Missoula , Montana
    If you're still restoring from iCloud -- Which to me isn't always clear -- my 6s was pretty laggy until it was complete. In particular when the music was downloading during the restore.
  11. andrewsjra macrumors regular

Jul 10, 2013
    I too have this issue when unlocking my 6S. It doesn't happen that often but is annoying why it does. Hope there's a fix soon. I do love that the phone unlocks instantly. The only drawback is you can't play your Live Photos because it's so instant.