iPhone 6S leather case, stiff power button

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Aceroller, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Aceroller macrumors member

Just purchased a blue leather 6S case for my 6S and the power button seems harder to press than my previous black leather 6 case. For those of you that have had a leather 6S case for awhile, does this wear in and get easier to press? Also the leather seems more slippery than the prior case?

2. Pug72 macrumors 6502a

Pug72

To fix this, simply remove from phone and use a blunt thin object (such as a teaspoon handle end) and push in repeatedly whilst pushing back with a finger.

Should improve it for you.

3. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

I've had the saddle brown and now the black one, and the buttons do break in with normal use. It took about a week or two.

4. Aceroller thread starter macrumors member

Wow, just did what Pug72 suggested above and now it is already much much better!!

5. Pug72 macrumors 6502a

Pug72

Excellent!

It's a fix I discovered way back on the 5 leather case with the same issue.

6. califfo1975 macrumors regular

How do tou remove the case (i have a silicone one) from the phone? have you a specific advice please before starting to force too much on it? I was thinking of lifting the lower corners (one at the time) but it looks a little bit stiff. Thanks for your help please.

7. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

I usually start by pulling back the bottom corners one at a time. Then the case just pops right out. The case seems to stretch and sort of fit to your phone the more its used.

8. califfo1975 macrumors regular

Thanks.