iPhone 6S lightning port loose?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Droidzoid, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Droidzoid Suspended

Droidzoid

So i just upgraded to the 6S. As compared to my 6 and the iPad mini 2 - the lightning port doesn't seem to be as grippy, if that makes sense. There is a distinct click when I insert the lightning cable but it doesnt require as much force to put in or pull out. Has anyone had a similar experience? Anything to worry about?

2. I7guy macrumors G5

As compared to my 5s the 6s port is much tighter. I think there are manufacturing tolerances at play between the cable and port.

3. xsimplyjosh macrumors member

I prefer it tighter to be honest. Feels more secure. After u pull in and out alot u might notice some wear and tear which makes it feels slightly looser...

Had the same experience with a brand new mini2 before for like the first few weeks until it settles in.

I wont say its a huge issue imo. Take care of ur stuff well and it will last the long run is all i can say

4. Droidzoid thread starter Suspended

Droidzoid

Thanks for your replies. I too prefer the tighter feel but I guess I can live with this too. I have the TSMC chip and everything else is good.

I was just worried that my charging port was broken.

5. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

thats what he said.

6. Droidzoid thread starter Suspended

Droidzoid

Managed to find someone with a 6S his was port was grippier than mine but I think I'll live with it. Rest of the phone has no problems.

7. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

My 6 had same issue. It did become an annoyance as once debris gets in there it'll make it even easier to pull out and I had cords falling out from the slightest movement. Was very happy my 6s+ has s much tighter fit. If you keep it make sure you periodically clean the port with a toothbrush, especially the sides which is what grip the cord.

8. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

They're all different. So many manufacturing tolerances involved with every part that makes up these phones.

9. Droidzoid thread starter Suspended

Droidzoid

10. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

Just keep in mind. It'll only get worse over time.

11. Droidzoid thread starter Suspended

Droidzoid

I doubt it. Since there isnt much wear and tear due to a tight port :D