iPhone 6s Live Photo on rMBP 15"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by augustya, Jan 19, 2016.

1. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

I was at one of the Apple Store and I was checking out the 15" rMBP in the demo laptops kept on the shelf and I saw one photo in the photo section of the rMBP which was a live photo and on clicking the live button on the photo it would make movement the same way as it does on an iPhone 6S, I asked the guy there that how does this thing work,how can I view a live photo on a rMBP he had no idea so we decided to do a live thing he took my picture on the iPhone 6s in the live mode and air dropped it on the rMBP but my picture would not stutter or move it was not livephoto as was the case on the demo content present on their rMBP ! What would be that case ? Can a live photo taken from an iPhone 6s be viewed in a rMBP also ? If yes how can we do this ? Can anyone who has the iPhone 6s and the rMBP check and comment here how does it work ?

2. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

seriously no one ?? No one has even even tried this ? that's surprising !!

3. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Yes you can view Live Photos from the Photos app on a rMBP or any Mac running OS X El Capitan (10.11, 10.11.1, 10.11.2 and 10.11.3) Maybe it doesn't work air dropping it and requires the phone to be plugged in and imported into Photos or part of a photo stream through iCloud? That I do not know, but I do know for a fact Photos on a Mac can view them when running any version of El Capitan.

The next update for OS X (10.11.4) adding the feature of allowing Live Photos to be viewed in Messages app as well.

4. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

Well like I said earlier, I myself have viewed a live photo on a Mac so no one again needs to tell me that it is possible, point is how is it possible ? how can one do it ? is my question !

5. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

So sorry for trying to help, there's no need for the attitude.

You literally asked in your original post if it was possible.

6. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

Yes but in addition to that I was also asking how to do it ? All I was saying is, after having seen it myself I know it is possible :cool:

7. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

All you need to do to view it in the Photos app in OS X is click on it. A Live Photo will have the Live Photo icon in the bottom right corner (it's the rings that look kinda like a target.)

And like I mentioned before. AirDrop might not send the MOV part of the Live Photo and just the JPG. I've never tested with AirDrop. But I do know a normal, plugged in import or iCloud Library sync does work to get them into the computer. As mentioned above, it has to have that icon in the bottom right corner once it's in Photos on OS X and just clicking it plays it.

8. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

So when I tried importing my photo to a rMBP in Photos App which was clicked on the iPhone 6s it did not have the live button on the photo it just showed like a still image why would it do that ?