iPhone 6s loose/rattling vibrator?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ACURA2015, Oct 9, 2015.

1. ACURA2015 macrumors regular

Hello Folks,

Just wanted to know if anyone has experienced that their iPhone 6s when vibrating all of a sudden you hear a pretty distinctive rattling vibrator inside? as if it was loose? I have never dropped the phone or anything, and from one day to another it started to happen.

Thanks,

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I would return it. The new haptic engine was meant to be felt and not heard and if yours is loud it needs to be replaced.

3. ACURA2015 thread starter macrumors regular

you got that right, you bet I will return it.

4. lyutin macrumors regular

I got an iphone 6s plus, and after about a week my vibrate function was also louder and more annoying then before. Compared it to friends iphone 6s and its definately something loose, or rattling inside. Have appointment for a genius tomorrow to see what they can do. its always so loud in apple stores, i hope they wont give me a problem.

5. ACURA2015 thread starter macrumors regular

I will be returning it for a full refund because I'm still under my 14 days, and I know they will try to squeeze me into a "replacement" unit, so I rather not risk another defective unit and just buy a new phone, I already have a reservation for today at 7pm so it should be swift.

6. lyutin macrumors regular

please let us know how it goes. They might not have brand new in the box units at the store. I will take a replacement if anything, doubt its reconditioned at this time. phone just came out recently.

7. ACURA2015 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I ended up going to the Apple store as I had an appointment last night to pick up another new iPhone, and since I was in my 14 days return period, I simply told them that a family member wasn't interested on the phone that had the issue. No questions asked or nothing, once he return that defective rattling vibrator phone, I said oh! and I also have a reservation to pick up another iPhone and that's it, paid full price and walked away, so it was a fast transaction. I suggest that if anyone has issues and are within the 14 days, simply return it without saying what the actual cause if the return is, because if not they will try to convince you to get the replacement device. Good luck !

8. UnLiMiTeD558 macrumors 6502

When I called Apple support and explained my few issues, they told me since mines only a week old, that I will receive a brand new replacement. I told them i would not accept a refurb model in place of my brand new phone

9. ACURA2015 thread starter macrumors regular

That is the same old story they always tell you ALL the time, you might get lucky this time and get a brand new replacement because the iPhone 6s has only been out for 2 weeks or so, but I did experience 2 times last year both "replacements" were not brand new, they will not tell you its reburb for any reason, they love to use that word "replacement", I just didn't want to risk it this time and since I was under my 14 days, might as well return it, buy a new sealed phone and go from there. Good luck

10. Jigga macrumors 6502

Is anyone still having this issue?
    I got a new phone and the haptic is buzzing a bit and it seems too much.

11. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

No such issue with any iPhones of mine ever. Take it in for a replacement. I'm pretty sure replacements are brand new. They bring them out in a brown box, but that doesn't mean they're refurbished. There's no way they could have refurbished units just less than a month after the launch.

12. uncore macrumors newbie

I believe you should see this video :

All three iphones 6s plus we have at home share the same issue

13. mrgeekguymd macrumors member

I would return it because Taptic Engine is supposed to be way more solid. After all, it is housed in its own chassis.

14. Liqueseous macrumors newbie

Liqueseous

I am having the same problem here as the video above. Just started all of a sudden. I scheduled an appointment at my nearby Apple Store for later today. I will let you know what they say.

15. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Same here, mine was solid for the first month. A little over a month of usage. I am getting this same exact issue. I do have an appointment set up for Tuesday. But I'm going today as a walk in to see if I can get in today. I've recorded the issue with my ipad to reproduce the issue. Hopefully I can get mine replaced.

16. Liqueseous macrumors newbie

Liqueseous

I brought mine in and they replaced it free of charge. Saying it was something loose within the Taptic Engine.

17. rockitdog, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016

rockitdog macrumors 68020

The Taptic engine vibrations are too weak, I missed texts and calls all the time w/ my previous iPhone. I just switched carriers from AT&T to Verizon and my new iPhone 6s has much louder and more distinctive vibration, I wonder if mine is loose, in any matter I like it better :)

EDIT: Ok, watched the video, mine does not do that, lol!

18. flowsy, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016

flowsy macrumors regular

flowsy

I managed to fix mine. I created a custom vibration with continuous vibration. Then I played the custom vibration, held the iPhone (6S Plus) on the upper side and "hacked" with the bottom (left, then right) side continuously into my palm. Not too hard, but enough to hear a difference in the vibration. Repeat on every side until the rattling is gone.