iPhone 6S+ not fetching mail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Newtons Apple, May 17, 2016.

1. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Anyone ever had any problems with the iPhone not fetching mail. Mine has worked without flaw and all of a sudden I am having to check mail manually. I have deleted the account and re entered it and it will not fetch every 15 minutes like it has been for years.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

3. Newtons Apple thread starter macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Maybe. I have had the exact same problem on both of my iPad Pro 9.7 units. Woke up this am and I have no mail but it say last checked was YESTERDAY so it sounds like the phone is not even checking every 15 minutes. within seconds of checking my mail it find like 15 emails sent all through the night. Never had this problem before on my iPhone 6S+.

I just did the 9.3.2 update to see if that would help.o_O

4. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Mine doesnt do the same thing but acts weird. I will manually check it and it wont move. Then 2 mins later, there is mail. And then it will randomly push email to me. :eek:

5. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

We are talking the blue icon email app right?

If so, mine was doing that too. My GMail App from Store, white icon with red M gets mail right away.

I had to pull down on screen several times to get EMail.

I think it corrected itself.

Sent a TEST email and my GMail app got it right away, Email app took 4 minutes.

Would that be normal?

6. iOSUser7 macrumors 6502a

iOSUser7

I had this problem before but it randomly fixed by itself and started to work again like it always did.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

This has been an off and on problem for me for Years. It seems to go out once a month or so and then just magically work. A couple weeks ago I got fed up and went with another email client. I've not had it long enough to legitimately judge whether this issue persists, but I like the client features enough that I'm likely to use it as my daily driver. iOS mail client just hasn't evolved much over the years. Shame.

8. Newtons Apple thread starter macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

DO not think so as my device will say "Mail last checked yesterday" which, to me, mean the device is not even trying to fetch mail. Crazy as both my iPad pro have done this for a long time and yesterday my iPhone started doing it but is now working fine. I have even reset one of my 9.7 iPads as new and it still does not fetch even on different wifi networks.

9. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

I've had these problems also for the last year or so of and on. I've found the best solution is to use a third party app. If it's a gmail account use the gmail app and if it's Microsoft email then use the outlook app. No issues for me using the outlook app. At first I didn't want to use another app. I prefer the stock apple mail app. I decided I would rather just not worry about missing important email anymore. Hopefully Apple will fix this someday.