iPhone 6s not responding

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by heyjoe23, Aug 2, 2017.

1. heyjoe23 macrumors newbie

So, I have my wife's iPhone that we recently bought used online. It was working for about a week or so and yesterday was starting to not respond. She would press the home button, or the sleep/wake button, and the phone would not turn on.

This morning, it will not respond at all. I try to do a hard reset with the home and sleep/wake button. It will flash the white screen and black Apple logo, but then go to the unlock screen. The unlock screen is dim and the touch screen does not respond so we are not able to get the phone to unlock.

I have tried pressing and holding down the sleep/wake button and I get the slide to turn off, but the touch for the slide does not work.

I plugged the phone into a couple power sources and tried two different cables and power bricks, one for iPhone and one for iPad, no response. When I do see the screen, it says 90% or so. I am thinking of opening the thing and disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to rest it that way.

I've tried to put it into DMF mode by holding the home button and connecting to my MacBook Air, but iTunes just says that the phone is locked with a passcode and unlock the phone first. Well, the screen does not respond to touch so I can't unlock the passcode. . . . IMG_2988.jpg

Have you seen anything like this?

2. Audit13 macrumors 68040

Audit13

Sounds like it could be a loose connection inside or another component has failed.

If there is an Apple Store near you, you could take it there and have them look at it. If it's under warranty, they may replace the phone on the spot.

3. jenag145 macrumors member

What you did was a soft reset. A hard reset Is where you go to the general scroll all the way down and hit the reset option and reset the phone and all the settings

4. heyjoe23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Appears to be the iPhone "touch disease", but on an iPhone 6S. I can slightly bend it on the two corners and the grey leaves the screen and touch works. But after a minute or so, grey bars and sections of the screen flicker on and off and sometimes the screen goes all grey again, with touch no working. The phone is out of warranty, so not sure Apple will do anything about it.

5. Audit13 macrumors 68040

Audit13

Touch doesn't work so there is no way to get pass the lock screen and get into general--> settings, etc.

6. jenag145 macrumors member

Take it to Apple and see what they say and go from there. I'm sorry I didn't see that part.

7. aakshey macrumors 65816

aakshey

I was having a similar (not the same) problem with my new iPad Pro today. Shut down. Go into recovery. Restore from scratch. Fixed it for me. I was having a problem with my touch as well.

8. Sinna17 macrumors newbie

What above post said plug into computer hold down home button and sleep wake when device shuts off count to 3 let go sleep wake keep holding home then hit cancel where it says on screen to enter passcode blah blah hit restore

9. heyjoe23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Took the iPhone to the Apple Store. They said it was a screen/digitizer issue and replaced for $149 and warrantied it for 90 days. Said if it continues to flicker grey, bring it back in and it may be the logic board and loose connection. Happy wife now!