iPhone 6s+ OIS 60fps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DrTwoFish, Oct 20, 2015.

1. DrTwoFish macrumors member

Hi all,
    I've been considering replacing my iphone 5s with a 6s+ for the combo of 1080p/60 and OIS to film my active kids, but I saw in one review that OIS only works with 30 fps. I haven't been able to find info on this anywhere else, but it wipes out a big reason for upgrading if it's true. Can anybody comment? Thanks!

2. DrTwoFish thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, very interesting, and a pretty obvious difference. I wonder where that reviewer got that tidbit?

3. Genkakuzai macrumors regular

I certainly got the feeling myself that the OIS was active even at 60fps as I was filming the other day, unless I have the steadiest hand in town.

4. big samm macrumors 65816

I also saw that review... Maybe 60fps gets software stabilization while on 30fps you get hardware stabilization which is OIS...

5. Genkakuzai macrumors regular

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out, anyone with 6S just needs to go shoot some 60fps video for us :)

6. th3r3ds0x macrumors regular

th3r3ds0x

Being that it's done in hardware I would think the fps chosen wouldn't matter. I'd have to say based on my experience that it is definitely active while shooting 60fps video. I took some video last weekend and I was extremely impressed by how clear and smooth the video looked.

7. mrklaw macrumors 68000

that footage looked a little jerky when the footsteps hit - would that be the OIS or digital stabilisation not quite keeping up with the little changes in direction on each footstep?