iphone 6s or 7 screen improvement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jaimi, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Jaimi macrumors regular

I purchased iphone 6 devices for two of my teen daughters. The screens on these things are really fragile, seem to crack if you breathe on them wrong (ok, that's an exaggeration, but not much).

Does the 6S have a stronger, more damage resistant screen? How about the upcoming 7?

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

My question would be how your teen daughters treat their iPhone's? I mean, it depends, do your daughters use a case or screen protector? That would help in protection.

I personally never have had an issue with the iPhone screens, unless you were to drop the iPhone onto a hard surface. The iPhones use a glass screen.

There are no reports for the iPhone 7 screen as of yet. The screens on the iPhones are only as durable as the owner treats them. The 6 and 6s have the exact same screens. I believe it's Ion-X Glass.

3. bodonnell202 macrumors 6502a

bodonnell202

The iPhone 6s does use slightly stronger glass than the iPhone 6, but at the end of the day it is still glass and may break if dropped on a hard surface such as concrete, tile etc. If your daughters are even somewhat clumsy I would recommend a case with a raised lip around the screen (most have it, including the Apple made cases) that protects against the glass hitting the ground if dropped face down. A screen protector may offer some additional protection as well.

Can't comment on the 7 as it hasn't been released yet but I doubt it will be indestructible either...