iPhone 6s or iPhone SE

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by techwoman, Jan 1, 2017.

1. techwoman macrumors newbie

Nov 22, 2014
    I mainly need an iPhone to test the apps I have been developing. I could have got an iPad or iPod, but one of my app which I have planned involves making emergency calls. While finding the used cheapest and the latest models, I found iPhone 6s and iPhone SE which fits the budget.

I know 3 differences between 6s and SE i.e. SE doesn't have the 3D touch functionality, device size is small and the front camera is of lesser MP. I may even replace my current android device with an iPhone if I like it and this would be my very first iPhone.

I would like to know the views/suggestions of the people who have been using these 2 devices to help decide which one to buy?
  2. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

Jul 19, 2015
    The se is basically a 6s minus one or two features. If just testing apps I say an se as it runs very well and fast and is cheaper. Just my two cents.
  3. Septembersrain Contributor

Dec 14, 2013
    If you don't care about 3D touch, better camera, and want a smaller size, get the SE.

However, I can say I preferred the 6s to the SE as the larger screen is better for my needs.

Now I have a 7+.