iPhone 6S or SE deals?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaGrandMastah, Sep 9, 2016.

1. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

Do we normally see any additional price reductions on the price of the previous models once the new iphone is released? I know they dropped the price already but are there additional sales I can expect? I currently own a iphone 6 but my wife is still on an old iphone 5 that's starting to act up. I was looking to either upgrade her phone to the SE or give her my 6 and upgrade mine to a 6S.

2. ecschwarz macrumors 65816

ecschwarz

I'm guessing apart from some one-off promotions that retailers and carriers do (buy-one-get-one), the only device you might get a deal on is the 16GB 6S/6S Plus, as retailers are clearing out old stock. Other than that, the other 6S/6S Plus models saw a price drop (and the 32GB introduction), so prices aren't going to change much beyond that. The SE is still same the same price, and there really haven't been many deals since the introduction.

I'd say to keep an eye out and if you're in the US, Target and Best Buy have done some promotions in the past (Target did a $200-for-any-smartphone as trade-in, if I remember correctly).

3. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok cool. I never really paid attention to prices on older models before. I'll probably just pick up an iphone SE since she likes the smaller phone factor.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

The 64GB SE went from 499 to 449 unlocked. If you are patience, during Holidays, the box stores may throw you some extra like credit, gift-card blah-blah, for a locked phone, but don't expect huge discount, there is never those for Apple products.