iPhone 6s or....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iCyprus, Sep 12, 2015.

1. iCyprus macrumors member

iCyprus

Hey Guys,

I want your opinion. I need to buy a new phone but I was wondering if it is better to wait for iPhone 7 or buy now an iPhone 6s?

Thank you! :)

2. Liquidizer macrumors newbie

I think it all depends on your current situation. What is your current phone? What is it that you're looking for out of a new phone?

3. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

If you have an iPhone 6, I would say wait until the 7. If you have a 6 or below, its worth considering the update. It all depends on how you feel about it, remember that Apple is there to sell you phones, so the next will always be better than the previous gen.

4. gregd33 macrumors member

As others have said, its a personal preference thing. For me, I decided it was time with this round. I had a 5s and, though eligible for the 6, I didn't upgrade then.

Two reasons, I cant deal with the 4" screen anymore and the CPU/GPU in the 6S seems insanely fast which should carry me though for a couple years.

I opted for the 6S instead of the plus as, FOR ME PERSONALLY (no hate plz), I find the PLUS size too large for a phone. My wife has a Plus though, and she LOVES it. Sadly, she likes em big... (sigh) :)

IN any case, its your choice and I don't think you can make a wrong one. THe longer you wait, the better the phones will be and, in a year, something better will be released anyway. Knowing that this is ALWAYS going to be the case makes it easier to deal with. :)

Good luck.

5. iCyprus thread starter macrumors member

iCyprus

I have an iphone 4s for more than 3 years. So I need something better with good specs. I am entrepreneur and photographer so I need a reliable phone with good battery.

6. Macsidia macrumors regular

Macsidia

Depends if you think you can wait out another year.

7. SBenn macrumors newbie

SBenn

Personally I'm hanging on for another year. Happy with my 6, due an upgrade next august... with Apple pretty much 100% to release the 7 on their iconic month. So i think it's worth waiting to see what additions they make to 6S to make it a viable upgrade. Don't get me wrong, what they have upgraded is what we've been asking for (with regards to to camera). So them coupled with a potential shape, colour , button move about, and what with the multiple speakers on the iPad Pro could be something to come on the 7...(most probably size as opposed number of)..... So the future 7 could tenfold of the 6 :):)

8. iCyprus thread starter macrumors member

iCyprus

Well said!

I prefer the 6s Plus sorry :rolleyes: haha

9. roberthodgson macrumors regular

I have ordered the 6S plus have a 6 and I will probably order the Iphone 7 next year

10. iCyprus thread starter macrumors member

iCyprus

heh too much money :)

11. gregd33 macrumors member

No reason to be sorry. A lot of people like it. Thats the beauty of this world. We need not agree on everything... what a boring place it would be if we did. :)

Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy it...

You did say you need battery life and, if thats the case, i would definitely suggest the Plus... The battery on the 6 plus is huge and will easily last all day and then some for you... at least my wife's lasts more than she needs forthe day and I swear she is constantly on the phone/using it. :)

12. DeApp1e macrumors 6502

DeApp1e

Buy iPhone 6s now, and then iPhone 7 next year. That's what i'm doing haha

13. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

If you "need" to buy a new phone the 6S is for you. You did say you "need" to buy a new phone. The 7 is a year away!

14. iCyprus thread starter macrumors member

iCyprus

True.

I will go for the iPhone 6s plus 128GB as I want more storage on my phone :)

15. iCyprus thread starter macrumors member

iCyprus

Yes I will go for it!!! Because I cannot manage my daily work with my 4s!!

16. MattXDA macrumors 6502

MattXDA

I upgrade every year; I used to upgrade twice a year (alternating iOS and Android flagships) but now I just stick to iOS once a year. It's not expensive at all, it barely costs anything

17. iCyprus thread starter macrumors member

iCyprus

What do you mean?

18. MattXDA macrumors 6502

MattXDA

When you sell the phone after a year you make most of your money back, well in the UK at least. I only lost £100 over the year

19. iCyprus thread starter macrumors member

iCyprus

How much you normally sell the iPhone?

20. eyedoc2020 macrumors regular

Exactly!! This is how it's done!

21. mhdena macrumors 6502

Since you failed to trade in your 4s for $200 last year to get an iphone 6. (out of pocket would have been less than $200).

Sounds like you can't afford to wait if you work with the phone.