iPhone 6s owners..

HellasLEAF

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Less sexy topic, but I am a 6s owner and love the phone but have recently started using it for my youtube channel (front facing, I know it's 720 but I like being able to see myself and I am not a fan of the work around for the rear).

Am wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to the 7 or even the 8 for video. I mean really worth it. Or basically if one is to upgrade just go to the X and overpay (damn it's pricy).

Thoughts?? Anyone have experience using the 6s for video and upgraded noticing real differences in low-light, color, crispness etc..

mazdamiata210

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
Thoughts?? Anyone have experience using the 6s for video and upgraded noticing real differences in low-light, color, crispness etc..
I'd go with an 8+ but it's only going to be a megapixel bump allowing you to do 1080p with the front camera. Don't expect any big improvements.

Edit: I only say go with the 8+ for the big battery bump. If you want to be recording you don't want a dead phone throughout the day with a smaller device. Plus you have the chance to get OIS on the rear camera if you decide to flip it around.

Last edited:

Shirasaki

macrumors G3
May 16, 2015
I’ll stick with my 6s Plus cause the headphone jack. And A9 is not that bad (more powerful than my PC CPU that can smh play 4K video which my PC cannot).

Reactions: HellasLEAF