iPhone 6S Plus and Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RiCEADDiCTBOY, Sep 24, 2015.

1. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

So my roommate got his iPhone 6S Plus 128GB space grey. ...And it made me rethink my own preorder choice about getting a 64GB version space grey.

Why does the black screen look like plastic? It looks awkwardly different than the white front cover. He has the iPhone 6 Plus in silver/white... and he was even disgusted about how "different" the front looks. It looks cheap...

My question being, does Apple Store work with AT&T customers doing a Next upgrade?

2. Sean76 macrumors 6502

Sean76

This is all preference and comes down to what you like. Honestly, the 6 or 6 plus in Space Gray was the absolute most popular color last year, was almost impossible to get for a few weeks I remember. I have always gotten the white/silver since the 4s began offering it. I had no problem getting my white/silver 6 plus last year on launch day at the Apple Store on 5th ave, however my friend had no such luck and had to get the white and exchange it a few weeks later because he hated it.

This year I'm switching back to the Black front, and next year for the 7 if i feel like it i'll switch back to white/silver.

Rule of thumb is this, yes ios 7/8/9 have all looked great with the white front. However I've found myself doing so much more with my phone this year, like recording tons of videos, and watching alot of things on HBO GO, and on my girls Black Front 6 content like videos and movies look much better with the black front, again this is my opinion. If you don't watch alot of movies, and don't take tons of videos and stuff of that nature than I'd opt for the white front. it does look better when viewing messages, emails, and stuff like that. As for me I'm getting the Black to match my Space Black S/S Apple Watch, All Black Everything this year...hehehe

3. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

What do you mean it looks like plastic? Does it look different than the space grey 6 Plus?

4. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

5. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

Not sure if I'm describing it adequately enough, but the visual appearance comes off looking like a "black plastic bubble" appearance? I know its glass... but, it doesn't look like glass. It just looks cheap.

6. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

it maybe that new glas they r using. how would that be exclusive to the black wouldnt the white face ones have the same look or even wprse in the case of gold? i mean cheap looking.

7. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I got my 6s Plus and I'm holding it up against my gold 6 Plus and I don't see what makes the space grey look "plastic" or cheap compared to the gold. The only thing I can think of that could give somebody that impression is that the SG reflects light where the glass curves and the gold doesn't (or it does but since it's white it just looks...white). But that doesn't make the SG look cheap, it's just the properties of light hitting the curved glass.