Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikejobson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
I just took my delivery of my new 6S Plus on Friday and by Saturday morning I started to notice the backlight is fading on the left of the display... Mostly at the top. Now it's getting progressively worse.

Annoying to say the least and will have to now try and arrange a replacement.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 2,058

jtrenda33

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
I noticed some backlight issues on my new iPhone 6s Plus as well. It's at the very top of the screen and you can see a "dash" effect, where the screen alternates between full brightness and slightly dimmed. It looks like tiny pot lights going across the top of the screen. I've contacted Apple about this. They ran me through a full factory reset to ensure it wasn't software related, which it obviously wasn't, but whatever. Once my phone finishes restoring from iCloud, I'm supposed to click on a link in an e-mail they sent me to process a replacement order, which they will ship via Express. That's great, but it means they put a hold on a credit card for the full amount of the device, to protect them in the event that I don't return the defective unit. I purchased the 128GB iPhone 6s Plus using the Apple Barclay card which I applied for during checkout on 9/12 (pre-order day). I was only given a credit line of $2000, so needless to say I didn't have enough available credit for that kind of hold. So I had to get on the phone with the credit card company and get them to give me an extra $500 in credit which would give me enough for them to place the hold on the card. Other than that, I was really happy with the Chat support I received from Apple. This was the second time in a weekend that I chatted with them about something related to this phone, so I think I'm going to go ahead and get AppleCare+. I just wish they had a 3-year option, instead of just two. I'll update this post when I get my replacement device.

Edit: attached image of the issue

Attachments

• IMG_1591.jpg
    IMG_1591.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:

jtrenda33

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Just got my new iPhone 6s Plus in the mail today and ... drum roll please ... same issues. :mad:

Edit: Oops, thought this was the thread I started.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.