iPhone 6s Plus Battery Case Recommendations

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Yebubbleman, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

Hey all. I made the switch from Android to iOS (or rather, I will finish making the switch once I have my case and screen protector situation all squared away). With the increased selection of cases, I'm giving thought to a battery case (given that my last/current smartphone was a Samsung Galaxy S5 that ran almost exclusively in ultra low-power mode [meaning it didn't do much but it had the battery life of a dumbphone]). I bought an iPhone 6s Plus, however I have noticed that there is a much smaller selection of these kinds of cases than are for the iPhone 6 and 6s. Case in point, Apple's case is only for the 6 and 6s and not the 6 Plus or 6s Plus. Otterbox has a similar charging case that is similarly only offered for the 6 and 6s and not the 6 Plus or 6s Plus.

So, here's what I want out of a battery case:

- I want to be able to connect my phone to iTunes with the case still on the phone.
    - I want the charging port of the case to be lightning rather than microUSB
    - I want the case to be drop-resistant (also not having the case not be flush with the iPhone's screen)

I have perused Mophie's offerings and it only seems to satisfy the first of those three. For most other options, there either isn't a Plus sized offering and/or it doesn't meet my criteria. That being said, the iPhone Plus phones are known for having markedly better battery lives than their non-plus counterparts, yeah? Maybe I don't need a battery case necessarily? What say you all?

2. Yebubbleman thread starter macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

Alright, after some looking, it looks like the lightning port requirement is a but unrealistic. Fine. Still though, where Mophie sort of loses me is where it doesn't seem all that protective. Given the concession on the lightning port, the following intrigues me, though the lack of a power switch on it (coupled with a pretty steep price tag) gives me some pause: http://www.lifeproof.com/en-us/ipho...or-iphone-6-plus-6s-plus/lppw-apl-iphp15.html

Anyway, opinions either way would be appreciated.

3. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

I don't think you need a battery case yet. Try it just the phone. The 6s plus gets really good battery life

4. rpetunderclass macrumors regular

Yup, getting about 9-10 hours SOT. Plus the 6 Plus is gonna be way to big with a battery case IMO.

5. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I recently reviewed the PhoneSuit Elite 6 Pro for the iPhone 6s Plus. It advertises itself as having mil-spec drop protection and it has a 4200 mAh battery. Surprisingly, it didn't seem all that huge. It's the first battery case I've tried, however, so I don't have much to compare it to:

Kristin

6. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

A battery case on an already quite big iPhone 6S+ ? Are you sure ?

7. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

It is big, no question, and for many users, it is unnecessary because the 6s Plus already has very good battery life. But for some users, I think the size trade off is worth it...