iPhone 6S Plus Battery issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mickeydean, Aug 26, 2016.

1. mickeydean macrumors 6502

iPhone 6S Plus 128gb

Has anyone else experienced this issue:
    Battery with optimised settings (no back ground refresh, siri off, backlight 10%, most locations and notifications off, background location services off except find my phone) and minimal usage (texting, web browsing, calling, podcasts) and on wifi mostly lasting only 6 hours usage and 15 hours standby?
    I had almost two day battery with the 6 Plus and same settings/usage. Like 14hour usage and 32 hr standby.

The main problem is when I get into the red zone: 20% or less battery the iPhone shuts down and has the please plug me in sign as if it has no battery. Plugging it in, it says 13% or 19% as when I last had it on before it decided to shut off and act like it had no battery. It does this in low power mode too.

If it is a common problem let me know if there is a fix. Trying to save the hassle of driving to "apple".

It's a real issue because I need my phone in the hospital and one of the times I was low on battery it switched off I was getting a call from the consultant.

2. ray737 macrumors regular

I had a similar battery issue. But my phone didn't shut down. It would go from 30% to 7%. iPhone 6 Plus 128gb. They did a battery test. Apple can do this calling the 800 number. Battery test came back good. They told me to do a restore as new of the phone then restore from the iCloud or iTunes back up. So far so good. You should try a reset of your phone first using the on/off together with the home button to see if that helps.

3. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Nope, I get 6+ hours when I don't use lower power mode and use normally without worrying about the battery. Sorry to hear you are not that lucky :(

4. lwood1 macrumors 6502

Same issue, but worse. My iPhone 6 hardly works when it's not plugged in. Unplug it and it drops to some random percentage and just shuts off. I plug it in and the battery is either at 100 or another random percentage. Had  check it and they said the battery is fine.

Did the whole restore thing and it didn't fix it. I'm as hardcore  as you guys, but pretty upset that I can't use my phone portably. If anyone has had this issue and knows of a fix let me know.

5. Isamilis macrumors 6502

Try install Battery Life, and check its capacity (health) under Raw Data.

6. Alexrat1996 Suspended

Right