iPhone 6S Plus Battery issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mickeydean, Aug 26, 2016.

1. mickeydean macrumors 6502

Dec 9, 2011
    iPhone 6S Plus 128gb

Has anyone else experienced this issue:
    Battery with optimised settings (no back ground refresh, siri off, backlight 10%, most locations and notifications off, background location services off except find my phone) and minimal usage (texting, web browsing, calling, podcasts) and on wifi mostly lasting only 6 hours usage and 15 hours standby?
    I had almost two day battery with the 6 Plus and same settings/usage. Like 14hour usage and 32 hr standby.

The main problem is when I get into the red zone: 20% or less battery the iPhone shuts down and has the please plug me in sign as if it has no battery. Plugging it in, it says 13% or 19% as when I last had it on before it decided to shut off and act like it had no battery. It does this in low power mode too.

If it is a common problem let me know if there is a fix. Trying to save the hassle of driving to "apple".

It's a real issue because I need my phone in the hospital and one of the times I was low on battery it switched off I was getting a call from the consultant.
  2. ray737 macrumors 6502

Sep 11, 2014
    I had a similar battery issue. But my phone didn't shut down. It would go from 30% to 7%. iPhone 6 Plus 128gb. They did a battery test. Apple can do this calling the 800 number. Battery test came back good. They told me to do a restore as new of the phone then restore from the iCloud or iTunes back up. So far so good. You should try a reset of your phone first using the on/off together with the home button to see if that helps.
  3. Floris macrumors 68020

Sep 7, 2007
    Nope, I get 6+ hours when I don't use lower power mode and use normally without worrying about the battery. Sorry to hear you are not that lucky :(
  4. lwood1 macrumors 6502

Aug 2, 2008
    Same issue, but worse. My iPhone 6 hardly works when it's not plugged in. Unplug it and it drops to some random percentage and just shuts off. I plug it in and the battery is either at 100 or another random percentage. Had  check it and they said the battery is fine.

Did the whole restore thing and it didn't fix it. I'm as hardcore  as you guys, but pretty upset that I can't use my phone portably. If anyone has had this issue and knows of a fix let me know.
  5. Isamilis macrumors 6502

Apr 3, 2012
    Try install Battery Life, and check its capacity (health) under Raw Data.
  6. Alexrat1996 macrumors 68030

Mar 29, 2015
    Lehigh valley PA