iPhone 6s Plus battery life after a year.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by petecee, Sep 19, 2016.

1. petecee macrumors member

petecee

Still going strong (5% remaining). After watching numerous iPhone 6s vs iPhone 7 camera and performance comparison videos, I'll not be upgrading this year. Any 6s Plus users on the same boat?

Attached Files:

2. kepler20b macrumors 6502

i had the original 6+ and then 6s.

6+ was completely unbreakable even after year1, the only issue was that it had 1gb of ram and safari/chrome always crashed.

6s+ had about 10-15% worse battery life, and after year1 with ios10 i think ive lost another 5-10%. I used to basically never end the day under 40%. Now i basically have to charge the phone every night. But the battery is still generally unbreakable over a 24hr period. I used to be able to charge every other day on weekdays, now i just plug it in every night.

3. petecee thread starter macrumors member

petecee

I know what you mean. At the start I was charging once every 2.5 days. Now it's once every 1.5 days. Still acceptable by today's standards though. Are you upgrading to the 7?

4. nickelro, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016

nickelro macrumors member

I'm the "plugged in every night" type and I just reached 300 cycles having 14 - 18% wear level (according to Robert Tkotzyk's Battery Life).
    This Friday I'll pick up the preordered 7+ and over the weekend I'll have to decide between staying upgraded or stick with 6s+ for one more year (and go for a battery replacement).