Resolved iPhone 6s Plus Battery Usage and Standby the Same

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steeler, Oct 29, 2015.

1. steeler, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015

steeler macrumors regular

I bought an iPhone 6s Plus on Monday. I love it. I went to check my battery statistics and found that both the usage and standby times were the same at 14+ hours. In fact, they seem to be increasing in sync with each other.

I charged to full capacity overnight, then disconnected this morning around 6:00 AM (about 14 hours ago).

This can't be right. Anyone else experienced this?

EDIT: I updated the thread title to be more descriptive of the issue in case anyone else tries to search on this problem in the future.

Attached Files:

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Trying closing out all of your apps and rebooting the phone. See if that gets rid of that.

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Do your email stats say 'background activity'?
    Try these in order:

Reset network settings.
    Delete all email accounts, reboot and set them up again.

4. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

I would just try a reboot first. It would help us a lot more if we could see the rest of the usage menu.

5. mickeydean macrumors 6502

Last I had battery stats like that they replaced my iphone out fo warranty at Apple quickly but the apple employee didn't care to explain. When the stand by and active are like that there is a known issue.

6. xialina macrumors newbie

iPhone 6s has 2 different battery, maybe your is the short one

7. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Try a hard reset first if no luck then just do a restore

8. Simacca macrumors 6502a

Simacca

This happened to me the other day on my 6s. Hard reset sorted the problem.

9. steeler thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks everyone! I did a hard restart and charged it to 100% and it seems to be displaying the statistics normally now. I'm still within the return window, so I'll keep an eye on it over the next couple days to see if it's a persistent issue or just a fluke.

A hard restart is usually my first action when any iOS device does something strange (like this).

10. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

It's a common iPhone problem that happens to most of us from time to time. If a hard reset doesn't cure it then a network settings reset might, or deleting and reinstalling your email accounts will. It's guaranteed that one of those three will fix the problem.

11. Pipper99, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015

Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

It's happened on each iPhone that I've had occasionally. I usually quit all apps first, wait a few minutes and see if that worked, then go to the hard reset if need be.

12. steeler thread starter macrumors regular

It's kind of amazing how many issues that one of those three solutions will fix.

13. Steve* macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Mar 16, 2016 ---
    I had the same thing happen to both a 4s and 5s I am very proud to say I've fixed it! All you need to do it disconnect the battery and leave disconnected for 48 hrs or more. This must give enough time without power for the volatile memory to clear. Before this I tried everything right up to changing the battery and setting up as new phone restore all without improvement.

Don't be tempted to only leave it one day as that didn't work for me.

Kind Regards
    Steve :D

14. masands macrumors regular

This problem occurs whenever I use the Music app on my Apple Watch. Apparently it doesn't close properly and leaves the connection on between the iPhone/Watch.

15. lefataliste macrumors newbie

lefataliste

Hello Steve, what do you mean by "disconnect the battery"? Do you mean leaving the phone off for 48h? Thanks for your answer.

16. Mochapple macrumors newbie

Mochapple

--- Post Merged, Jun 17, 2017 ---
    How to disconnect the battery? Do you mean not charging it for 48hrs since the battery is drained?