iPhone 6s Plus + BMW + Hey Siri

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fishkorp, Sep 30, 2015.

1. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Not sure if this has been asked, if so, I apologize. I searched but came up empty.

Anyone here using a 6s (or 6s Plus) with a BMW and have issues if "Hey, Siri" is turned on? The phone syncs to my 2012 X5 diesel just fine like my previous phones if I have the feature turned off. Once I turn "Hey, Siri" on, the BT is constantly connected to the car like I'm on the phone. So the display looks like I'm on a phone call and the radio/music stops working. I'm assuming it's because Siri is always listening. Anyone else run into this issue? Is there a solution? For now, I just leave the feature turned off, as the BT calling/music playing is a lot more important than Siri.

2. Akack macrumors 6502a

3. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

My audi shows the phone call thing but only when hey siri is activated. must be a bug in the bmw.

whats strange is that the 6 wouldn't work in my car with siri but 6s works fine

4. fishkorp thread starter macrumors 68020

fishkorp

5. Chacocliff macrumors regular

That happens to mine too, on an aftermarket stereo in the car.

6. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

No problem here with 6s+ and 228i. Works as it should.

7. secretanchitman macrumors 6502

secretanchitman

Works fine on my 6S 128GB 9.0.1 and a 2015 550i xDrive. I would remove your device and re-pair it, in addition to updating the software via USB (download the file from BMWs website, you'll need the last 7 digits of your vin).

8. fishkorp thread starter macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Mine is the iDrive model where you can't update yourself. I think 2013 is when they introduced that. Mine has the older hardware that doesn't allow it (from what I've been told).

I'll try re-pairing the phone, that seems to work for a lot of people from what I've been reading.

9. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

This happens to me but rarely. It goes back to normal after I disconnect and connect again.

10. balzz macrumors regular

Hmm, Hey Siri isn't working for me either. I have to hold down the voice rec button to activate Siri.

11. dugbug macrumors 65816

dugbug

my bmw and my iphone always have some kind of bluetooth battle. For the most part it works. Ill try the hey siri later today and post back. My "this usually fixes it" solution is to tap the media button on the steering wheel to go to radio, then tap it again to return to media. This can wake up the software involved and typically results in correct behavior.

12. secretanchitman macrumors 6502

secretanchitman

Nice, hope it works for you!

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/co...mobile_devices/bluetooth_software_update.html - that lets you update the Bluetooth/USB software of iDrive (everything else is unaffected). My iDrive is NBT so yours is probably CIC...but I would imagine you could do the update!