Iphone 6s Plus Camera longevity

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wackery, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Wackery macrumors 6502a

I have a question about how to best take care of my camera module. From what I understand about digital cameras, exposure to brights (IE taking pictures outside, or in the direction of a lightbulb) can damage the light sensor modules. What is the best way to minimize this damage? Should I be investing in a case that has a flap covering the camera? Or is there some kind of built in protection that senses light and prevents it from being damaged.

Like, does leaving the phone face down outside when it's sunny outside permanently damage the camera in an imperceptible, but real way?

2. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

I would not worry about this at all. I've never seen a single report about an iPhone camera being damaged by light. Use it how it's meant to be used and enjoy it!

3. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Don't take pictures of the sun.

Problem solved.

C

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

It would have to be either a very bright light like a laser or the sun. Do not worry about other sources of light. The sensor is hard to damage by light and you would have to leave it pointed at the direct sun for a while. Nothing to worry about.

Just relax and enjoy you new phone.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

This is one of those cases where the less you know the better. I never knew to even care about this. I still don't, really. Been taking pics outside for ages without a worry whatsoever. I think I'll continue doing so lol.