iPhone 6s Plus charging

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Paul.Butt, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Paul.Butt Suspended

Paul.Butt

I have just purchased an iPhone 6s Plus . I own an iPad also, so my question is, " Can an iPhone be used to re-charge with a standard iPad charger?

2. chscag macrumors 68000

I think what you're asking is if you can use the charger unit from your iPad to charge your iPhone 6s+? Yes, you can.

3. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

the iPhone 6, 6+, 6s, and 6s+ will get a 5v @ 2100 ma charge off the ipad charger.

when connected to a standard iPhone charger it only gets 5v @ 1000 ma

here is a new one !

iff you do not run El Capitan , your mac cannot charge the iPhone 6s/6s+ past 5v @ 1000 ma

4. Paul.Butt thread starter Suspended

Paul.Butt

yes thats right i was asking just that. Thanks.

5. Paul.Butt thread starter Suspended

Paul.Butt

I noticed that with El Capitan and charging an iPhone from it myself

6. Andres186 macrumors newbie

Yes you can. but that is not healthy for your iPhone... Once in a while is okay but dont charge it too often with the iPad unit...

7. chabig macrumors 68040

That's not correct at all. It makes absolutely no difference what charger you use, as long as the voltage is correct. Current is supplied on demand. The iPhone will only draw the amount of current that it is capable of handling. The charger will only provide what the device draws.

Check out Apple's page: http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD836LL/A/apple-12w-usb-power-adapter?fnode=74

8. Andres186 macrumors newbie

Oh indeed, thats true. My information are outdated. Sorry :)
    So in that Case I would charge my iPhone with my iPad charger, too. Especially when I run out of time!!

9. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

apple purposely limits your speaker volume to save them money on applecare repairs. i heard of several utilities that will override apple's volume limiter, like VLC.

if apple thought that using the ipad charger harms the iPhones or iPads in any way, they wouldn't of let you do this. you can't give 2.1 amps to an iPhone WITHOUT the iPhone first ASKING for it.

the ipad charger just doesn't dump current into the iPhone, the iPhone has to ask for it