iPhone 6S Plus - Drastic Battery Drain

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ApleSmaple1981, Feb 26, 2017.

1. ApleSmaple1981 macrumors member

Greetings,

I have a well kept iPhone 6S Plus for the past 1.5 years. That being said, as of late (iOS 10.3) my battery drain has been significant. I had it charge to 90%, then went for a 35 minute jog playing some music and then a podcast, which typically would drain a few percentage points but this time dropped to 10% and then to 1% in the matter of a short time.

I will try to get a Genius Bar appointment but curious if there are other known issues/suggestions.

This makes me want a phone with a replaceable battery and if I wasn't so glued to the iOS i'd happily consider returning to an Android based platform that is partnered with a manufacturer that allows battery replacement by the user.

Thoughts/opinions?

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Non-removable battery seems to be a trend in android platform as well already.
    But I had a similar battery drain when using iPhone 6s Plus until recently, which seems not so serious in iOS 10.3.
    One user (sorry I could not remember the name right now) suggests that coconut battery is "accurate and display battery info in real time". It's a free app in Mac OS X only. You could try it out if you want. Be careful though, it does refresh info frequently, but you may consider recharging your device with a few (2-5) full cycle charges for a better result, and try not to use beta software. Mine becomes stable after two weeks or three weeks of occasional (6) full cycle recharge before the drain level is stable.

3. Alaindeloin macrumors newbie

You can not complain about the battery when you are using a bêta version of ios

4. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Why we cannot? If there is a bug in beta causing battery drain, this bug might be fixed when iOS goes official.