iphone 6s plus easily gets hot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnxw, Dec 22, 2015.

1. johnxw macrumors newbie

First, it's a Sammy chip, 64GB RAM, space grey.
    Basically when I use some productivity apps (such as Papers 3 ) it gets hot. And when I play games it gets hot always, I mean really hot, which reminds me my old android phone! :)

These apps are all cpu intensive apps.
    Any suggestion?

2. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

The CPU and back lighting all make heat. When using these intensively the device will get hot. It may even heat to the point the iPhone will dim the screen and slow down the CPU to protect itself.

4. johnxw thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone with "the other chip" experiences similar patterns?

5. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Oh god, we're not back on that again! There's no discernible difference that's not in the margin of error between the two suppliers CPUs. Just use the phone and stop worrying about nothing.

6. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

It's funny seeing this thread right away.

With my 6S Plus (TMSC), I have never, ever had a heat problem, no matter what.

With the new 6S I just got, it's quite warm to the touch, just upgrading to 9.2 and restoring a backup from the Plus so that they look the same.

I haven't checked yet. It really has been in my hands just minutes. But I suspect it's going to be a Samsung chip when I check it.

7. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

When I play minecraft pocket edition, my 6s+ gets pretty warm, and I have a TMSC chip.

I don't think it has anything to do with the chip. Some apps just do that regardless. I've found putting it in Low Power mode keeps it noticeably cooler.

8. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Sammy here. Hasn't got hot yet. Take it in and have it checked out.

9. buddyspencer macrumors regular

10. tsang2320 macrumors demi-god

11. krspkbl macrumors 6502

krspkbl

6s+ (64gb grey). got it today and just finished setting it up. usually this is when a phone gets really hot but feels nice and cool to me. my old phone was warm and it's been sitting unused for hours lol.

i have no idea what chip it uses and i don't really care to be honest. not something i am gonna worry about.

12. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

Samsung is hotter and less battery. No doubt.

13. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

I have the TSMC chip and it gets uncomfortably hot every once in a while, like to the point where I will shutdown the device.

14. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

I've had my Samsung 6s plus since October. The only heat issue I had was when I first got the phone due to installing apps. But after that no hear issues.

15. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

Confirming that my new 6S that overheated on installation of the Plus's backup is a Samsung.

I'm saying "overheated" in a colloquial way. It was just hotter than the 6S Plus (TSMC) has ever been under any circumstances.

16. johnxw thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, I guess I will just need to quit gaming on my Sammy iphone 6s + :(