iPhone 6S Plus home button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aml216, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    I've had many iPhones and I've never had a home button feel this "clicky." I also feel like it sticks a little bit. Doesn't happen with every button depression, but it happens often enough it's a bit annoying. I'm used to a really silent smooth home button.

Is this something anyone else is experiencing? Do you think this will be a problem down the line?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I noticed the exact opposite. My first six plus was smooth and then I went with tmo so I picked up a phone through them. That one was incredibly audibly LOUD and felt chinky too. I wouldn't done something about it if I didn't know I would be replacing it within two months time.

My current device is smooth and quiet. If it bothers you I'd mention it to Apple.

3. Aml216 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aml216

Yeah. I'm just trying not to be too alarmist if it's not an issue. I'll give it a week and see if it goes away. If not I may have to bring it in and have it checked out.

Thanks.

4. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

Over the years I think I've had two different iPhones I had to return because the home button was weird out of the box. As one of the few mechanical parts on the phone, it's not entirely surprising.

5. Norbs12 macrumors regular

Norbs12

Feels similar to old touch ID phones but dear god the response on the touch ID is super fast. I literally can't take a screen shot of the home screen because it unlocks before the screenshot finishes.

6. Wayward macrumors member

It seems to be luck of the draw. My first 6+ had a butter smooth home button. Apple replaced the screen and home button assembly for another issue. That button was very clicky.

Apple replaced that phone, and the new one also had a clicky home button. My new 6s+ has a very good home button, but still not quite as good as that first 6+.

7. Orien macrumors regular

Orien

Home buttons are and have always been very variable.

8. Aml216 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aml216

Ok so far sounds like no reason to worry. That's reassuring :)