iPhone 6s Plus is much faster than 6 Plus.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WilliamG, Sep 25, 2015.

1. WilliamG macrumors 604

As I suspected, the user experience is greatly improved over the 6 Plus. Side by side, fresh installations of iOS 9.0.1 on BOTH phones, the difference is obvious. Even the little things, like bringing down Spotlight from the home screen and rotating the phone. Disastrous on the 6 Plus, smooth on the 6s Plus.

What else. 2GB RAM = win. No more Safari tab refreshing until much, much later. Multitasking is smoother, Touch ID is miles faster. App switching is buttery.

Heck, these are just my first impressions, and the difference is SO obvious.

Bottom line: If you don't care about the 3D Touch, camera upgrade, 2GB RAM etc, and you don't have ANY speed issues with your 6 Plus, do NOT buy a 6s Plus. If, however, you do notice the RAM shortage on the 6 Plus, and the general UI for you is just hampered, then the 6s Plus will solve all your problems.

(The Macrumors article showing individual apps being opened and then manually closed is not relevant. It doesn't even tell 5% of the story of the EXPERIENCE of using a phone).

2. stevemiller macrumors 65816

Not to be a conspiracy theorist or anything, but if the 6s is faster than the 6 on iOS 9, and the 6 is faster/smoother on iOS 8.4.1 than iOS9 (for at least some people, including myself) , then all this demonstrates is that apple is just using faster hardware to re-sell the same experience on a less optimized OS, year after year.

I feel pretty strongly that my launch-day 4S provided as fast and smooth an experience as even the 6S does 4 years later. And from a 'iOS features' perspective I honestly don't feel like I'm fundamentally using my phone any differently, either.

I just wish I could make decisions about upgrading solely on truly new features, like whether I want a bigger screen, touch ID or 3D touch, or because I'm actually doing things that require 10x the processing power. I hate that I mostly feel the need to upgrade because I can't do something basic like type on the keyboard without lag.

3. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

I agree it's faster!

I just posted a thread that my touch ID wasn't working and it was letting me enter without having to touch my finger.

Turns out it's just so fast at recognizing my finger it goes right in, lightning fast.