Iphone 6s Plus issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anubis1980, Mar 24, 2016.

1. anubis1980 macrumors regular

We all know about "chip gate" and I have read a few posts about it. However I'd like to share my experience and to see if anyone else has had similar issues.

Finally after 3 phones, I now have one where the screen is liveable with. The first phone was pretty quick (TSMC) but Wi-Fi and screen issues forced a swap. the 2nd phone was a Samsung model, now to be honest I haven't really paid much attention to the differences between chips apart from a cursory glance online and a "oh dear another gate", but I swapped this out today as I had a row of LEDS on the top clearly visible, a screen clearly suffering with jaundice,it was that yellow, the apple genius at the shop agreed and interestingly also stated I had a Wi-Fi issue as was only getting 2 bars in the shop. This phone was horrendously slow and laggy, even on 9.3, I tried every kind of reset you can imagine! nothing worked to make it less slow.

Now the third phone I got today is a TSMC one again, the performance is like night and day, its buttery smooth and I am shocked at the difference. Do you think I had a duff phone all around, or do you guys think it was down to the Samsung chip (anyone else have issues with the Samsung one, that resolved with the TMSC) the benchmarks were actually very slightly higher on the Samsung phone too interestingly.

cheers

2. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

i have samsung chip but havent met any of the issues you had.

3. anubis1980 thread starter macrumors regular

that's good then, mine was probably a write off :) this one is def better, lag every now and again but that's the ios, def happier with this one.