iphone 6s plus minor chip in screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zee96, Jun 1, 2016.

1. zee96 macrumors newbie

zee96

hi I have a 6s plus it has a minor small chip on bottom left followed by hairline crack which is under 1 inch. starts from bottom left then goes in an oval shape a little up and ends at the bottom of the phone near the home button. will apple replace the phone free of charge? other than that phone is in mint condition and the aluminium casing has no mark and no sign of impact

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

A pic would be nice.

Your issue could go either way. They may deem it manufacturer defect or they may not believe that you're not at fault. I'd think they would believe you since you said there are no other signs of impact.

3. zee96 thread starter macrumors newbie

zee96

--- Post Merged, Jun 1, 2016 ---
    Here is a picture it's the bottom left screen is still smooth image.jpeg

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

That to me looks like there's a clear point of impact and is unlikely to be swapped. You may get lucky.

5. chscag macrumors 68000

Do you have Apple Care Plus? If you do, they'll replace your 6s+ less the deductible. If no Apple Care Plus, I agree with the previous post as it looks like an impact crack.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yup. Looks like it was dropped on that edge to me.

7. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

You can always ask nicely. I did. Free screen replacement. Mine was in different spot. Looks the same. It didn't qualify for free replacement but they did it anyways. I told them the story which includes me barely dropping it. Dropped nonetheless.