Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iphone 6s plus minor chip in screen

zee96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2016
hi I have a 6s plus it has a minor small chip on bottom left followed by hairline crack which is under 1 inch. starts from bottom left then goes in an oval shape a little up and ends at the bottom of the phone near the home button. will apple replace the phone free of charge? other than that phone is in mint condition and the aluminium casing has no mark and no sign of impact

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
A pic would be nice.

Your issue could go either way. They may deem it manufacturer defect or they may not believe that you're not at fault. I'd think they would believe you since you said there are no other signs of impact.

zee96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2016
A pic would be nice.

Your issue could go either way. They may deem it manufacturer defect or they may not believe that you're not at fault. I'd think they would believe you since you said there are no other signs of impact.
[doublepost=1464823022][/doublepost]Here is a picture it's the bottom left screen is still smooth
image.jpeg

chscag

Contributor
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Do you have Apple Care Plus? If you do, they'll replace your 6s+ less the deductible. If no Apple Care Plus, I agree with the previous post as it looks like an impact crack.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
You can always ask nicely. I did. Free screen replacement. Mine was in different spot. Looks the same. It didn't qualify for free replacement but they did it anyways. I told them the story which includes me barely dropping it. Dropped nonetheless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.