iPhone 6s plus no sound or vibration on messages

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gw0gvq, Nov 20, 2016.

1. gw0gvq Contributor

gw0gvq

On my iPhone 6s+ there is no sound or vibration on incoming text messages and no vibrations on any other App except if I manually put it on. I have reset it backto factory settings via my mac and the phone itself. but its still not working. I can hear the iPhone if there's a phone call for me , infact all sounds are ok except on my texts . I wonder if someone can help me ? I'm not certain if a trip to apple is needed or what, because as I say every other sound is ok . Vwey Strange.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you checked your notification settings? Also sounds for various alerts, like texts (perhaps even change them)?

3. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

I've checked notifications and all are ok , I just got a text now from a friend and it came through ok but others are muted on the phone when they send a text

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Could some have DND enabled for them (given that it can be enabled for individual conversations separately from DND for the whole device)?

5. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

I just got a text from someone and heard it but when they sent another and the phone was turned off on standby I heard nothing. How do you see individuals DND?

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

You would see it (a small crescent moon icon) next to the conversation in the Messages app.

7. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

I thought you may see indivifuals with a crescent as you do a normal DND

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

I don't believe that exists for Contacts, just for Message conversations.