iPhone 6s Plus + OlloClip 4-in-1 Lens Kit

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MichaelMidnight, Oct 14, 2015.

1. MichaelMidnight macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

Has anyone tried this, the current OlloClip 4-in-1 Lens kit that came out originally for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus? On the site, they claim that it works with the new S models but when I went to put one on my new 6s Plus, it was terribly tight. Just wanted to know if that was the case for anyone else.

2. tsevince macrumors regular

tsevince

Just tried mine on, I've got a plain matte screen protector on as well, fits fine. Nothing too tight out of the ordinary, slipped it on and off a few times as well.

3. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

Currently talking with them about my 6s plus, scratched the back of the phone when putting one of the lens on. Took the first layer of protection off the front glass as well in the same area.

4. MichaelMidnight thread starter macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

Ya man, I dunno it has to do with certain makes maybe, but I think mine was one of the early productions of the lens but regardless, I tried it again. Even before it got to the top with the 6 Plus dongle, it was crazy tight.

5. MichaelMidnight thread starter macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

God! It scraped the top part of the glass on the front of my phone! So pissed -_-

6. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

Sorry man, same thing happened to me. I sent them photos and was talking with them about sending the lens in to be looked at but they've stopped responding to me.

7. MichaelMidnight thread starter macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

Man! I didn't even GET that far! I want to show them pictures! It freakin' scratched my phone. Fits new S models, yeah right :( I guess I'm lucky that it only scratched the top and not the screen area for video but alas my perfect phone is not :(

8. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

That's how I felt when mine first was scratched too. I keep everything in perfect condition so it's hard to see it looking that way. I recently purchased a full edge to edge screen protector and now I can't see the marks the lens left behind. Still not cool, I really hope they get back to me about this issue. I sent photos of the back of the phone, so hard to see the one on the front when photographing it. Also took a picture of the inside of the lens kit showing residue glass/pieces from the back of the phone. But again still no response after they asked me to send back to the lens. No address or anything past that point, I've emailed twice since then. That was last week.

9. MichaelMidnight thread starter macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

Really shady in my opinion. The lens kit is not like cases that can bend and stretch due to the millimeter difference but this hard plastic? There's no give and I feel they know that... Sigh... Should of went with the Moment lens instead :(

10. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

Yes agreed, I'm still debating on picking up some different lens off ebay that are cheaper just to try them. I'm in for the long haul with Ollo because I am part of their latest kickstarter for the studio kit. Unfortunately it's delayed, shocker... and I needed it be December, first week.. that's probably not going to happen. So yes shady is a good way of putting it.