iphone 6S Plus or Samsung S6/Edge

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by boateng, Oct 6, 2015.

1. boateng macrumors 6502

I really do not know what to get...going to get either phone on a 24 month contract so bare that in mind!

The Samsung S6/Edge are cheaper but heard Samsung have awful customer service when things go wrong and also Android phones lag after a while....

I have it narrowed down to the Edge/ S6 or iPhone 6S/

What would you go for?

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I like the edge+, I'm not a huge fan of the regular edge. The S6 is nice, but the 6S is newer. I'd probably get a 6S or wait for the Galaxy S7.

3. Mxbzz macrumors 6502

With a two year contract, I would go for the 6S Plus. I don't think I'd ever use my subsidy on an Android phone-- I buy outright as they usually go on sale quicker.

4. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm yeah maybe

5. FFR macrumors 6502a

FFR

I second the iPhone s plus.

Regarding Samsung, I wouldn't waste a subsidy on last years model, especially with rumors that the s7 is getting ready for a January/February launch.

6. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

I need a phone ASAP

So I guess I will go for the iPhone 6S 64GB

7. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

If I had to purchase through a carrier for a two year contract, I would ONLY get an iPhone. And my reasoning has nothing to do with preferring iOS or Android but rather carriers having any control over my device. I will ONLY purchase phones that are not dependent upon carriers for software updates, are carrier branding/bloat free, and are unlocked. If forced to purchase through a carrier, the iPhone is the only phone that meets these conditions. When I purchase an Android device, I will only get a carrier free, unlocked model, which usually means purchasing directly from the manufacturer.

8. 321estrellas macrumors 6502

321estrellas

Your 6s/6s plus will still have great resale value in 2 years, if you decide to sell it and use the money for another phone on contract.

Samsung phones resale value seems to drop pretty darn fast. Even faster for non-Samsung Android phones!

9. Fanaticalism macrumors 6502a

I agree with others here. I would get an iPhone if a two year contract were my purchase path.
    • Software updates
    • Resale Value
    • Reliability/Manufacturer Support

10. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

where is the best place to sell a phone? Ebay?

11. 321estrellas macrumors 6502

321estrellas

I'm not a fan of eBay because they take a huge fee, a % of the amount you sell it for. Personally I do all my sales locally through Craigslist (just be somewhere safe when meeting someone) or through photography buy & sell forums that I'm a member of.

You don't have the phone yet, and already thinking of where to sell it? :p

12. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

All my use phone sales and purchases are done through Swappa.com. Have had great results.

13. 321estrellas macrumors 6502

321estrellas

Hey, this site looks great! Never heard of it, so glad you mentioned it. I'm in the market for used iPhone right now so this is awesome :) Time to spend countless hours contacting people!

14. scott craft macrumors 6502a

15. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF